We are driving down to Atlanta area in a couple of weeks from CT. We are debating whether to go through Asheville NC, and then take Rt 23 through Nantahala National Forest to Rt 441 in Georgia.
I was wondering what kind of road is 441. Is the speed limit at least 55mph in most areas? Are there a lot of traffic lights? Is it worth going off interstate to take this route? According to Google maps, going this route only adds 15 minutes to our trip, but it is hard for me to judge if these are 4 lane highways. Will be willing to add a little time to the trip if route 441 is scenic and an interesting drive. I see Tallulah Falls is along the route, is that worth a stop?
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Wichita State vs California live
- 2 Wichita State vs California live
- 3 Wichita State vs California live
- 4 Boost up your Body Harmones With Zyflex Testosterone Complex
- 5 US cities that enforce jaywalking?
- 6 Dulles to BWI
- 7 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 8 Our next summer trip
- 9 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 10 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 11 Family winter holiday
- 12 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 13 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 14 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 15 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 16 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 17 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 18 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 19 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 20 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 21 Muir Woods - new rules
- 22 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 23 Padre Islands
- 24 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 25 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom