Great Neck area restaurants?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to visit our son at the US Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point in September and need restaurant suggestions. Will try Peter Lugar at some point in 4 years on general principles. This time I think we'll stay in the general vicinity & are looking for nice but not super expensive restaurants. Tried Vespa last time (nice). We will have a car and don't want to go into the city, but don't want to drive to the end of Long Island either!
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The North Shore of Long Island is restaurant country. Peter Lugar is a great choice for carnivores (the best steak anywhere). By the time you add sides, appetizer, dessert, and drinks, it isn't cheap, by the way.

You have time to get the Long Island Zagat from Zagat.com or Amazon. It lists all the good places. Then post your possible selections and you'll get some more ideas here.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 01:56 PM

Try Il Toscano in little neck for very good ialian food,Millies in manhasset is good ,casual nice atmosphere and good food,Just recently ate at peter lugar and the meal was not very good.if you want steak North Shore steal house or Burton and Doyles are better choices,Check out zagat.com for more choices.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 06:14 PM

we just returned from this area and had a wonderful meal at Nick & Pedro's on Northern Blvd. Delicious authentic Italian food, friendly proprietors....

i would definitely recommend it..
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 06:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Il Toscano makes great food, and should be on your list. If they have the stuffed zuccini blossoms, you must get them.

I beg to differ on North Shore Steak House -- the meat at Peter Luger is far better. Burton and Doyle is fine and has a nice atmosphere, but Peter Lugar has the meat!

Millie's is just OK in my book.

Another great Italian place is Stresa. There is also a branch of the Il Mulino chain nearby, but I prefer the local places.
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 06:55 PM

Il Mulino
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Original Poster

OK - we are down to it and will be making Fri and Sat. nite reservations. Any LI foodies out there with good Sunday brunch buffet ideas? Pretty view on water further out N. LI? Boys are hungry & I like seafood. We tried a place in Port Washington, but don't remember details.