Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   How about some laughter? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/how-about-some-laughter-560999/)

Patrick Sep 26th, 2005 05:24 PM

How about some laughter?

OK, with all the serious stuff going on right now, tonight I accidentally hit a "best of" on Craigslist when looking at rental apartments, and have come across the funniest, often most politically incorrect, and sometimes bordering on total obscenity stuff I've ever seen. I'm sitting here crying tears and in pain from laughing at some of these. Here you go. Look quick, cause I'm sure this non travel post will be deleted soon:

two of my favorites so far: "An open letter to my unborn children" and "UPDATE: My CRAZY Pot Head Neighbor Lady"

http://newyork.craigslist.org/about/best/

LoveItaly Sep 26th, 2005 05:39 PM

OMG Patrick, I just emailed that to my daughter as they have a real strange next door neighbor. But not as strange as that one, LOL. Thanks for the chuckle! Take care.

seetheworld Sep 26th, 2005 05:57 PM

YOWSER, Patrick!! Oh my eyes, my eyes :D

"Looking for a terrible boyfriend for one week" is a hoot.

Let's take bets, I give it until tomorrow morning, lol.

Scarlett Sep 26th, 2005 06:27 PM

Omigod, this is great! Thank you Patrick!

Did you get to the one where the guy is giving away his cat? LOL

The Pothead neighbor was written by someone in Gresham Oregon!! lol...typical?
The terrible boyfriend is Very funny, sad & true LOL

OK, I have to go back and read more now--laughing all the way~

alya Sep 26th, 2005 06:39 PM

LOL,

I would stop and say what a wonderful find this is - but I'm just busy reading.

There are too many people out there with too much time on their hands but it's just too funny :-)

OO Sep 26th, 2005 07:28 PM

oooo boy...I had Pothead as a client when I was a social worker a million years ago. She kept an axe by her front door which I about fell over as I went for a home visit. The ax was to protect her from her minister, who had followed her from NC and now lived in the apartment above hers. He shot X-rays through the floors at her and she could tell when the Xrays hit her because her fingers and toes curled up. Her dishes were all underwater in her bathtub, which was the only way she could keep them from singing, and her clothes hung outside the closet...again, to keep them from singing. We had to go to court to get her (re)committed and in court she testified that another social worker and I had drug her naked and chained through the streets of (city name deleted) to the court room. Honest! Gospel truth. Phew!

PS... they kept her 3 months then she was back out, properly dosed to face the world again.

PamSF Sep 26th, 2005 11:59 PM

Slow night at the hospital and thank you very much Patrick. The ICU staff laughed and laughed at the PotHead Neighbor and the Bad Boyfried threads.

PamSF Sep 27th, 2005 12:01 AM

PS:and we thought we had the corner on twisted humor:)

OneWanderingJew Sep 27th, 2005 12:12 AM

Thanks for the laughs, Patrick! Omigosh!! Atlanta's Craiglist got nothing on NY's...should I be surprised.

OO--You worked w/the nutty ones as a SW, I worked w/them as kids. My first year teaching produced some of my most intersting moments. Among many incidents, I had one girl who told me she couldn't do her HW b/c she was Richard Nixon. Now, you have to know this must have been 15+yrs after he left office and the kid hadn't even been born. Another student looked her right in the eye and said, "You have to do your HW. You've been impeached" as he crawled around the room. Other times, E. would put her head in her backpack and talk to her buddy 'Knightrider' who she swore spoke back to her. We would've taken that backpack away but Knightrider helped her with her classwork too...He was a great friend :P

AuntIda Sep 27th, 2005 03:27 AM

Golly..for a minute there I thought you were referring to one of those posts from Rex with those complicated math probability formulas about the most efficient way to get to the bathroom in your hotel before the exchange rate rises again and your toilet paper use bankrupts the Universe.

flygirl Sep 27th, 2005 05:58 AM

craig's list 'best of' is reliably hilarious.

www.fark.com is funny too (different type of website)

GoTravel Sep 27th, 2005 06:29 AM

Laughing my a$$ off at "Do's and Don'ts for selling crap on Craigslist".

Thanks Patrick!

E Sep 27th, 2005 06:55 AM

Thanks, Patrick! "Free bar of Yugoslavian Soap" was my personal fave, but we laughed out loud at the Crazy Pothead Neighbor Lady and several others--hilarious!