House Rental - Orlando Area

Mar 31st, 2006, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

House Rental - Orlando Area

When researching places to stay in the area, I've seen several house rental options complete with screened inground pools. They look nice and are reasonably priced. Almost seems too good to be true, so I'm wondering if they are. Has anyone ever used this option and if so what was your experience?
Mar 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM
emd

They are real. I've rented two of them. I had great experiences both times. One out off of Rt 29 and one right across from Disney in Formosa Garden (great area). Both had great inground pool w/covered screened in areas. Almost all homes have this.
Mar 31st, 2006, 11:17 AM

Actually they are very nice, you have your own pool (not all of them) you have access to the house as if it were your own, stayed in one a couple of years ago 5/4 it is wonderful when traveling with different families you get to stay together and share the expenses, also it is awesome to be able to cook if you wish (believe it or not sometimes you miss it, even while on vacations). Make sure you check the following: how much they charge for cleaning (sometimes not really in Orlando but, in some places I have found this fee can be between $150 - $200.00) and not sure when you will be here but if it is a property that has a pool make sure you find out how much they charge for heating the pool, if this is something you would want.
Hope this helps.
Gina
Mar 31st, 2006, 11:56 AM

We have rented homes 3 times at the Western end of Highway 192 in Kissimmee - twice in the Rolling Hills sub-division & once in nearby Formosa Gardens.

We would always favour renting a home over staying in a hotel. Much more space & the freedom to come & go as you please. The homes we stayed in were also very well appointed & comfortable.

Jim
Mar 31st, 2006, 12:47 PM

I rented two homes. They were amazing. It was so great to have our own pool. Isn't incredible how many people don't do this? I tell so many people about www.vrbo.com and they just smile and nod, pretty much ignoring me and then spend 100s a night on hotels! It is not too good to be true, it is too good to ignore! We rent homes everywhere we go now, it will spoil you!