Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hotels with free parking and 24-hour shuttle to Houston airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:07 AM
eb
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I posted this message a few days ago, but it seems to have "disappeared"?
At any rate....can anyone suggest a hotel near the Bush Intercontinental Airport that would have free parking and 24-hour shuttle service to the airport? We have a 6:15 am flight so we will need to leave for the airport around 4 or 4:30. Would be nice if there were good restaurants in the area, since we will be staying the night before our trip, and the night of our return. Thanks for any help! eb
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:25 AM

Until somebody gives you a first-hand answer about hotels try this site:

http://www.parksleepfly.com/airport_...e_reservation=

Good luck.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 10:47 AM

Just click on your own name to bring up a list of all the threads you've posted in, it should be there.
Old Sep 1st, 2004, 11:24 AM
eb
Original Poster

Thank you Anonymous! I found it!
And thanks ccolor for the website!
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 10:54 AM
eb
Original Poster

Still needing suggestions please! Have been considering the Country Inn & Suites...?
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 01:00 PM

eb, I've often stayed at Country Inn & Suites and it was fine. Parking is free while you are a guest. Shuttle starts running at 5:30 a.m., so you would need to ask them for an early cab if you must get to the airport earlier than that. They will pay for the cab in that case.
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 11:23 AM
eb
Original Poster

Thank you Statia! That's what we will do! eb
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 12:17 PM

eb, what are you going to do with your car while you are away? I wouldn't advise leaving it at Country Inn & Suites. That's why I said they have free parking "while" you are a guest. You could always park in the garage at IAH while you are gone, but that can get expensive.

Also, as far as dining, there isn't much around there. I would suggest you drive over to Greenspoint Mall where there are a few popular eateries around the outer areas of the mall parking lot. We typically go to TGI Friday's when we are staying in that area.
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 06:03 AM
eb
Original Poster

Statia, We have left our car many times at Hotels in Dallas; and several years ago, left it at the Holiday Inn in Houston, on I-45. The hotels didn't seem to have any problem with it as long as we were staying there either upon our departure or our return. (In this case, we will need to stay both the night before and after our trip.) Do you think Country Inn and Suites has a different policy? Do you think our car would not be safe? Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it! And for your tips re restaurants! eb
Old Sep 9th, 2004, 11:44 AM

eb, I always stay at Country Inn & Suites before my international flight out of IAH because the manager is a friend of ours and gives us a room rate we can't pass up. However, their parking is limited compared to the larger hotels. So, I would certainly check on their policy of parking while you are away because if they see a car that is not moved for days at a time, they may very well tow it.

Also, I've never had a problem with a vehicle being there overnight while I'm a guest, but my sister overnighted there once before visiting me here, and someone attempted to break into her car during the night. Of course, that can happen virutally anywhere, but CI&S does not have any sort of parking lot security personnel that I'm aware of.

Whatever you decide to do, I would definitely check on their policy of left vehicles while you are traveling. I do know that the Hyatt at IAH has had the policy in the past of allowing you to park there while you are away, as long as you overnight there before and after your trip. I have honestly never seen any parking lot security personnel there before, either, though.
Old Sep 10th, 2004, 05:25 AM
eb
Original Poster

Thank you Statia! You've been very helpful. I'll call CI&S's to check out their parking policy; and if no luck, will try the Hyatt. Thanks again, eb