Notices

Hotels near LAX

Aug 18th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Hotels near LAX

Which would you recommend for a short stay, the Marriott Hotel or the Renaissance Marriot? Do both have club floors open on weekends? Any sightseeing trips offered? Thank you.
Aug 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM

I have stayed at the Marriott. It is more than adequate.
Typically the concierge lounge is not open on the weekends.
I am sure that site seeing tours can pick you up from either hotel. You should call the concierge in advance and inquire about specifics.

The LAX area is not vacation paradise. The hotels are elbow to elbow surrounded by remote parking and rental car facilities. I won't say that it's a dangerous area, but there are an abundance of unpleasant homeless types who frequent the gas stations and convenience stores to hit on tourists and rental car returners.

Very nearby are Redondo, Hermosa and Manhatan Beach. Several hotels are on the water. Most have airport shuttle free pick up. I stay at the Crown Plaza Redondo for all of those reasons. From most of the hotels you are close distance to the beachfront walking and biking path. Good restaurants are abundant. From the LAX hotels, the restaurant in your hotel is your only choice.

The same tour services will pick you up from these hotels. I only stay at an LAX hotel if I am in late and out early.

Search this Thread