Hotels near George Bush Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
koa
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotels near George Bush Airport

Howdy houston,
Any recommendations for hotels around George Bush Airport. Looking for decent hotel in a safe area for a one night layover.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 01:05 AM
emd

I've stayed at the Sheraton there. Good experience. I got a free full breakfast w/the room and it was very good. Decent pool. Big room w/separate sitting area. Good front desk service. I got it free on hotel points but I would have paid for it, it was a good airport hotel.
Old Jun 24th, 2004, 04:09 AM

Bid on Priceline for a 4*.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 05:47 AM

Hotel Sofitel and the Wyndham are both nice.
Old Jun 29th, 2004, 06:48 AM
emd

I have to laugh, as we have had a lively exchange on the shopping near the Bush airport on another thread w/a range of opinions. BUt I will add that I stayed at the Sofitel by the airport last summer and had a business meeting there, and ate in the restaurant. It was awful, run down, stains everywhere on the carpet in the rooms, messy walls, really needs an overhaul. The food was edible and mediocre. The hotel service, both room and business meeting, was nonexistant. I was surprised, as I thought being a Sofitel it would be better, and I had an important client come in and stay there also. I checked out after one night as soon as the business was taken care of, although I had booked a second night.
My stay at the Sheraton the next night was a much better experience, and I have also heard good things about the Wyndham.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 07:28 AM

I stayed at the Sofitel last year and had a completely different experience. Not sure how we could see things differently, but it happens.

I commend you for your comments about Greenspoint in the other thread. The city and the local merchants have made great strides in cleaning it up.
Old Jun 30th, 2004, 09:34 AM
emd

It bothers me that Hsouton gets such a bad rap as a dump on here. I lived there for many years and it has alot to offer, but alot of people don't give it a chance, as the heat and most of all NO ZONING really turns them off (and rightly so on the no zoning; the heat is not something you can do much about except keep yourslef in cool nice surroundings and have a pool nearby). But if you can get past those 2 things, it has so much great ethnic diversity, unique experiences, and yes, culture, to offer.