Reload this Page >

hotels/inns in Massachusetts near route I-91

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 01:15 PM
Kevin

Looking for suggestions of a hotel somewhere on or near the interstate, in the center to northern part of the state. Chain hotels (Holiday Inn or above) OK as are unfussy inns. Thank you

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Joe52

I believe there is a Howard Johnson motel in Greenfield MA just off 91 and also a Super8 in Greenfield. Also a Red Roof off 91 at Route 5 in Deerfield. I think there maybe a Holiday Inn Express in Hadley south of these others, also off 91. All of these are no more than 1-2 miles from the interstate.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Kevin

Thanks, Joe.
Any other ideas anyone? Also, I see that Hojo also has a hotel in Hadley, which looks much nicer (in pictures) than the one in Greenfield. Any info? I prefer 'hotels' or what AAA calls 'motor inns" (you get to your room by a common hallway, not by a door from the outside)

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 03:54 PM
x

It has been awhile since I've used that route to the slopes in VT, but I do remember passing the Hojo in Greenfield.

I seem to recall advertisements for places like Super 8 and Motel 6 near Northampton, which is halfway between Greenfield and Springfield.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 04:55 PM
KenCT

Kevin, be advised that the HoJo in Hadley will probably be a nightmare to get to and from Route 91. The only way to get across the Connecticut River at that point is the Coolidge Bridge (Route 9, I think) and it is down to two lanes for reconstruction. With all the traffic between Northampton and Route 91 to Amherst, UMass, and the shopping malls in the area, the traffic jams are miles long.

I think you'd be better off at the Red Roof in South Deerfield, which used to be the Motel 6 referred to by "x," and has rooms off a corridor, since it was a Ramada Inn before that. Or possibly the HoJo in Greenfield. Easy on, easy off for both.

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 05:19 PM
mark

Hotel Northhampton is seconds off rt91 - I think exit 18. You just take a right off the highway (if your going north) onto rt5 and then its your first right. You don't have to pass through any congestion to get there.

Also, a little further north in Deerfield there are probably several decent places on Rt10 near Yankee Candle - no suggestions though...

Old Jan 6th, 2002, 07:11 PM
Kevin

Thanks all for the heads up.
KenCT-- do you think the road conditions in Hadley would be a problem if we travel at an odd hour? We may be arriving very late at night, after the malls have closed

Old Jan 7th, 2002, 12:16 AM
KenCT

The motel "near Yankee Candle" in Deerfield which Mark mentioned is the Red Roof. It is the only major hotel at that exit.

Route 9 between Northampton and Amherst (the HoJo is on the Hadley Amherst border, about five miles from the Route 91 exit) would probably be less congested late at night.