Hotels in San luis Obispo and environs

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Pam

Hotels in San luis Obispo and environs

We are looking for a modest hotel in San luis Obispo. Has anyone stayed at one of the Best Westerns there or the Best Western in nearby Arroyo Grande. And we will be there when the mid-state fair is going on. Will the fair cause a rise in prices as far away as San Luis Obispo? Thanks, Pam

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 09:40 PM
mare

HAven't stayed at those Best Westerns but find most Best Westerns in California to be very clean and comfortable.

For a bargain, the Vagabond Inn in San Luis Obispo is decent and clean. The Super 8 and the Peach Tree Inn are also good modest choices.

Holiday Inn website has been having a 50th anniversary special with 2nd night at 50 percent off. So you might see if its available for the H I Express in SLO.

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 09:52 PM
Kay

I agree with previous poster about lodging I have also stayed in the Days Inn in SLO, very nice but I still think it is overpriced. Its main advantage is that it is across from the Apple Inn--really good food but often very crowded.
IF you are there on a Thursday don't miss the Farmer's Market in evening.
Good food, great produce nice atmosphere
Have fun

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 10:37 PM
L

Embassy Suites may have a room at a good rate. Comes with breakfast, nice swimming facility. Bussiness place.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:03 PM
Todd

The Peach Tree Inn is a nice modest price choice.

I'll never understand the allure of the Apple Farm restaurant - overpriced coffee shop food with a long line. The San Luis Obispo has far better choices for eating in the downtown area.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:06 PM
xxx

The Apple Farm is a tourist trap. Don't get lured in by the rest of the idiots who wait in an hour line for skimpy sandwiches and bad fries.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 11:58 PM
Carin

The Peach Tree Inn is nice - not fancy, but very clean and nicely decorated. The Apple Farm IS overpriced, but go there to see the mill and sample the apple juice/cider - it's delicious.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Tim

The apple cider is ok, but not worth trying to find parking and waiting in a line. Your time would be better spent at one of the nearby wineries.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:02 PM
boca

I just booked a BestWestern Shelter Cove (Pismo Beach) and got a rate of $89 (corporate rate). The usual rate is $189 I believe. Both hotels have similar rates. Hope you can get the corporate rate! Good luck

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:41 PM
kam

SLO is a college town with lots of accomodations in all price ranges. If you don't want to pop for the silly Madonna Inn ( and I wouldn't though did once) I would just look for one of the well established chains in town. There are lots of them.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 07:37 AM
vg

Embasy suites here is really nice.