Notices

hotels in New Haven

Aug 1st, 1997, 06:22 PM
Holly

hotels in New Haven

What's the best hotel in New Haven?

Aug 1st, 1997, 07:45 PM
Sammy Redd

Hands down, the best lodging in the city is the Three Chimneys Inn (formerly known as The Inn at Chapel West). It's a magnificiently restored Victorian house, converted to a very charming (and very expensive) B&B. Room will likely set you back $150 or so. Close to restaurants and the Yale campus. If you can afford it, it's your only choice for a memorable, high quality place to stay in the city. The Colony Inn is probably the best traditional hotel in the city. Rates run in the $100 range. Nothing special, but modern, close to Yale, theater district, restaurants, etc. If both of these places are full, you might want to try the Holiday Inn at Yale or the Residence Inn. The Residence Inn is on the outskirts of the downtown area but is a very good option, particularly if you are traveling with family. New Haven is a quirky, truly fascinating town if you known how and where to look. I'm a recent Yale grad, so if you have any questions about the city or the college, drop me a line. Hope you have a wonderful stay!

Aug 27th, 1999, 08:29 PM
Chris

The best hotel now is the Omni, which opened up within the last two years. Although the Three Chimney's still has my vote as the most charming place to stay...

New Haven really is a quirky, wonderfully historic and beautiful city.

Search this Thread