Reload this Page >

hotels in Kauai and Maui

Search

hotels in Kauai and Maui

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 03:31 PM
nancy

hotels in Kauai and Maui

Can anyone suggest a moderately priced (around $200)hotel in Kauai? Also, a hotel in Maui? Does anyone know anything about the Embassy Suites in Maui?
Thanks

Old Mar 2nd, 2001, 03:52 PM
pt

Not sure what the prices are like but I would highly recommend the Hyatt on both Maui and Kauai. I know that the Kauai hotel used to offer stay 4 nights and get the 5th free. Also, we were able to get the breakfast buffet as part of our package. The buffet was quite good. We didn't have to worry about having lunch.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 03:11 PM
Tiffany

We spent our honeymoon on Kaui and for $200 a night you will have a hard time finding a nice hotel. What we found was $500 and up for an ocean view room. We stayed in a wonderful B&B in Poipu www.gloriasbedandbreakfast.com. We had never stayed in a B&B before and the experience was wonderful. It sits virtually on the ocean and the food and location was perfect. They book up 6 months in advance though. Have fun.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 03:14 PM
Tiffany

Sorry, I forgot to mention the good part. When we stayed it was only $200 a night. The rates on their website say that they charge $250 per night now.

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 03:28 PM
Helpful

I note that Tiffany compared your request for a moderately priced hotel with one having an ocean view or ocean front.
Are you firm in wanting a hotel?
If not, consider renting a condo. Having much more room + a kitchen can be nice to have and save money as well.
You don't indicate when you will visit; that does affect the prices as there is a high and low season.
Use an excellent Search Engine called Google.

http://www.google.com

Type in search words:

maui moderate hotels

and

maui condo rentals

etc.

There's a wealth of info out there on the web.

Also, use the SEARCH function on THIS website. Type in Maui and see what previous recommendations have been made. Then do the same for Kauai.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 02:49 AM
Tiffany

IMHO I would not go to a condo on my honeymoon. You couldn't have paid me to step into a kitchen on my honeymoon! B&B's are SOOO romantic and this one is beyond that. Have a wonderful trip.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 05:13 AM
Anna

Depending on when you're going you may be able to get the Entertainment rate at the Renaissance Wailea on Maui. We just stayed there in February and really liked it. The rooms were large and nicely decorated/furnished. The service was very good too. We couldn't get the E. rate, but paid $259 per night using Expedia.