Notices

Hotels in Cooperstown, NY

Jan 21st, 2013, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Hotels in Cooperstown, NY

I am finally planning a trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame and would like input on hotels in Cooperstown. I would like to be in town, not too far (say 5 miles) of the hall. $100.00 a night or less would be nice, but I would be willing to pay more if the hotel is particularly nice or charming. Cleanliness, quiet and comfort are important, but I'll only be there 2 nights, so I won't need major amenities and since I'll be myself, I only need a decent sized room; it doesn't need to be big.

Thanks.
Jan 21st, 2013, 11:01 AM

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express . . just outside of the town . . short ride to the HOF and Main Street

http://www.hiexpress.com/hotels/us/e...hw/hoteldetail
Jan 21st, 2013, 12:57 PM

That is your best bet unless you want to try one of the many B&B's. We stayed in one with a room that looked out over a baseball diamond and was within an easy (5 minutes?) walk to everything. Name lost, sorry.

Book really soon because there is a lot of competition for rooms between baseball fans and opera fans.
Jan 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM

We stayed in an old caretaker's house behind a main house (not a mansion) near where the players are traded. The guesthouse was adorable; very nice. We were referred there by the Cooperstown Inn folks. Sorry I don't have more information. The rate included muffins, fruit, and coffee for breakfast; these were delivered to the guesthouse when we were out to dinner. It was a fantastic stay.

Search this Thread