hotels at new years!

Jun 17th, 2004, 05:41 AM
Original Poster

hotels at new years!

Hello,
Hoping someone can give me some advice...trying to book a hotel in central park/west side area over the new years period. We are running into trouble with lots of places being full! We would prefer to pay no more than $170 per night. At the moment we are deciding between the Belleclaire and the Habitat...any opinions?
Thank you!
Jun 17th, 2004, 11:28 AM

I find it hard to believe places are full already. Perhaps if your dates include into 2005 the websites are not accepting reservations that far in advance?

Tripadvisor.com is a good place to get reviews of hotels. I have no personal knowledge of these 2, but based on tripadvisor I wouldn't recommend these 2. The Belleclaire might be ok but there are better places in that neighborhood.

I would suggest looking at the Salisbury on w 57th st or the Wyndham on w58th. Neither is very fancy (especially the Wyndham) but they're both safe and clean if a bit dated in appearance. Another somewhat dated place is the Mayflower on Central Park West. Evidently the park view rooms have awesome views of Central Park and are quite spacious. There is fireworks in Central Park that might be visible from here.

Further uptown on the west side, the Beacon gets good reviews as does the Excelsior.
Jun 18th, 2004, 04:52 AM

BTW, there are several hotels with the word Habitat in the name. The Habitat hotel I find is at 130 east 57th which is a great, convenient location but NOT the west side. It seems to be less than a 2 star hotel and I would be very worried. I can't find a review of it anywhere. It does seem to be affiliated with the upper west side hotel On the Avenue (ontheavenue.com) which used to get ok/mixed reviews but I now can't find that on tripadvisor either.

Search this Thread