Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hotel Walking distance to Disney's Night life?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Vavalynn

My husband and I are going to Orlando this November and would like to stay at a reasonable non-Disney hotel near downtown disney (walking distance or shuttle). We have not been there in a number of years and would like a clean nice hotel with a few ammenities. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Gail

We stayed at the Grovesnor (sp?)Hotel a few years ago. It's walking distance from Downtown Disney and Pleasure Island and has shuttles to all the parks.
Go to www.disboards.com for a LOT more info.

Old Jul 24th, 2002, 03:44 PM
Postal

That's off season and you should be able to get several very decent places for $50 or so. Just make sure you pick something in the Disney Village area off Rt. 535/Apopka-Vineland Road and you'll be in walking distance.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 04:27 AM
Debbie

You should check out www.mousesavers.com. There are listings for savings at royal plaza hotel and at another all suite hotel.
both are very nice.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 10:37 PM
noadverts

Hum..... Look at message above this)
Is'nt the woman that set up and runs the mousavers.com website called Debbie

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 06:14 AM
vavalynn2

So far sounds good. When I was looking into staying around Downtown Disney I found a map of it (more like an illustration) on the internet. Of course I forgot to bookmark it, does anyone know where I could find another?

Thanks

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:00 AM
LL

The Wyndham palace is right across the street and is very nice - we just stayed there in May 2002. If you do a search for downtown disney you may find the maps of the hotels there. I have also stayed at the courtyard Marriott downtown disney and that was great, too. Not as plush as the Wyndham but very clean with casual diningc and it is a hi-rise Courtyard. Make sure you have the Courtyard at Downtown Disney/WDW because there are quite a few in that area and only that one is walking distance.

Old Jul 30th, 2002, 07:13 AM
xxx

Can also recommend the Grosvenor Resort. Got an Entertainment Book rate of $80 June 2001. Really big room, full size ironing board, mini frig. Nice pool and grounds. About a block from entrance to downtown Disney. Can highly recommend the Cirque du Soleil La Nouba show in downtown Disney. Don't miss it! Grosvenor has a desk in the lobby where you can buy tickets. http://www.grosvenorresort.com/
Here's a great map for hotels/location.
http://www.downtowndisneyhotels.com/mappg.html

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 06:55 AM
Laura

We are staying at the Courtyard at Downtown Disney, some nights for $20 a night! They are running a special for Walt's 100th birthday. I haven't stayed there yet so I can't tell you how nice it is. Other nights range from $89 (Saturday) to $59. It's not an official Disney hotel, but they do have disney transportation right across the street.
phone # is 407-828-8888.
I can't wait, I leave in 9 days!!!!

Old Jul 31st, 2002, 10:40 AM
vavalynn2

good to know!! thanks, i cant believe 20 dollars a night. i will call and check to see how long the promotion is going on for. have fun!