Hotel suggestions in Lauderdale by the sea

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I want to go to LBTS in Feb. We would love to hear about what hotels you would suggest to stay in. We are looking around $100-$150 a night and would like a kitchen if possible. I have heard good reports on Best Florida Resort, Blue Seas Courtyard, Shore Haven Resort, and Captains Quarters.

Also, is there enough to do there for a whole week? Or should we get a rental car. All we really like to do is go to the beach, go out to eat and do some shopping.

I would take any tips or good advice that I could get. I have read most of the posts on LBTS, and really want to try it out.

Thank you!
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

also would take any suggestions on shopping, my wife kind of enjoys that, especially for clothes!
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Original Poster

Anyone to help me?....pleeeeeeaaaassssse
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Cardinals-Responding wtihout too much info on hotels as we stay at my aunt's place in north LBTS. I would say that if you enjoy the old time Florida that I remember from the 70s, you will enjoy LBTS. The downtown retail section is only about a 2 block intersection of shops and a few restaurants-we have enjoyed our meals at Aruba's and also enjoy our breakfasts at the diner on the pier (very rustic!) The beach is expansive and deserted by lauderdale/miami standards. We like to go to Las Olas for shopping and eating and that is a definite car ride away. My aunt did use the buses that run up and down the main street her first season, so if you are adventurous and patient it is available. Good luck!
Old Dec 5th, 2006, 03:17 PM

The Galleria Mall(on Sunrise) is excellent..has a Neimans, Saks, Macys and Dillards plus PF Changs, Seasons 52, Capitol Grill and Blu martini. I live 1/3 mile away and I do there quite often...good shopping!
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 03:07 PM

Hi There... My husband and I have stayed at the High Noon Resort and the Blue Seas Courtyard. Both are very nice resorts, with the High Noon being right on the beach and Blue Seas across the street from the beach. Our preference is the Blue Seas Courtyard. Even though the resort isn't on the beach, it is beyond charming with it's Mexican style decor and huge rooms. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and loved the freedom of having a living room and kitchen and dining room as well a well appointed master bedroom, all for $149.00 per night in the high season and about $75.00 in the summer months. LBTS has great restuarants and shops all within walking distance of the beach resorts. A favorite of ours is Aruba Beach Cafe, right on the beach. Also good is Mulligans and for breakfast, Country Ham & Eggs. A great Italian restuarant on Commercial Blvd. is Zukarellos, it's about a 2 minute drive from the downtown area. If you want more info. and a free LBTS visitors guide logon to www.lbts.com and request one. Hope this helps and have a great time in LBTS.
Old Jan 14th, 2007, 03:33 PM

http://www.alittleinn.com/index.html

I used to live there, and this place had a good reputation.

I agree with themoneyhoney that Aruba and Mulligan's are tasty and fun. For a splurge, I also like the Blue Moon Fish Co. There are plenty of other good restaurants within walking distance. If you are beach people, and are basically planning on just hanging out and unwinding, I think you will find plenty of little shops, beach bars and restaurants within walking distance to occupy you for a week. For serious shopping, you will need a car.

If your wife is a bargain-shopping junkie, she needs to check out Sawgrass Mills outlet mall. There is also some really nice high-end shopping an hour away in West Palm Beach and Boca Raton. You'd obviously need a vehicle to go to those places. The beach shops are mostly small galleries, t-shirt shops, and tiny boutiques with limited inventory.