Reload this Page >

Hotel Santa Fe or Inn of the Anasazi

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 03:55 PM
Brian

Trying to decide between these two. The new section of Hotel Santa Fe looks nice with the concierge, but Inn of the Anasazi looks great too. Please help me decide. Thanks!

Old Apr 11th, 2002, 04:53 PM
lisa

I've never stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe, but I have stayed at the Inn of the Anasazi and can attest that it is wonderful. The rooms are beautiful, the lobby is also beautiful, the service is great (the concierge was especially helpful) and the restaurant has delicious, unique food. Oh yes, and the bathrooms have toiletries from the local 10,000 Waves spa -- I loved the Cedar lotion. I would definitely recommend it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Ruth

We stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe in the fall of 2000. It was a very nice hotel, but I assume (based upon reviews) not as luxurious as the Inn of the Anasazi. It's also not as centrally located, although they have a free shuttle bus that will take you about anywhere in the downtown area. It took our group to dinner and then came back and picked us up. Don't know about the new section as that was not there then. The restaurant was good for breakfast, but our one dinner experience was not good.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:37 AM
Gary

The Inn of the Anasazi is the best in town. It's southwestern style decor (of course) so not in the mode of traditional luxury, but very well done. Great restaurant. Great location.
I haven't been to the HSF.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 08:18 AM
David

Brian,

While these are both nice hotels, The Inn of The Anasazi is a smaller more luxurious property. The dining room is excellent, the bar is a fun gathering place and, as Ruth pointed out, the location is about perfect (right off the plaza).

If you're more comfortable in a larger hotel, I would suggest either the Inn at Loretto or the Inn on The Alameda. If you go to santafeliving.com, click on "Where to stay", "Lodging" and then "Hotels/Motels", it will bring up an alphabetical list with info on all of theses choices--including pictures of the various properties.

Hope this helps,

Davidcs

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:21 AM
J T Kirk

Not to be redundant, but I'd stay at the Inn of the Anasazi, unless the cost difference is too much. To echo others, the location of the Inn couldn't be better. Plus, my wife and I have never had a more pleasurable and relaxing time than when we stayed at the Inn last December. Great rooms, good food, really super service. Hotel Santa Fe looks nice from the outside but it is a few blocks off the main area (not that it's THAT far, mind you, just not RIGHT ON the PLaza like the Inn.) We really, really liked the Inn and will stay there next time (we had been Bishop Lodge devotees until this last trip.) Have fun.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Santa Fe Sally

Another vote for Inn of the Anasazi!

2nd choice: Inn on The Alameda

3rd choice: Inn at Loretto

4th choice: Bishop Lodge