Reload this Page >

hotel recommendation for family in san diego

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 10:44 AM
maura

Can anyone recommend a hotel in San Diego for a family with 2 children under 10 ? We'll be doing Legoland, Sea World, zoo etc.. in the summer. Also, near/on the beach. I was looking at the Paradise Point Resort but just read 2 threads saying it was the worst. Thanks

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Susan

Have a look at the Catamaran. The kids will love Legoland!

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 10:08 PM
sandy

The Catamaran is a great choice. There is also a cute place in Carlsbad called The Carlsbad Inn (I'm pretty sure). It's kind of European looking and has regular rooms and 1 br suites. It is only a block or so from the beach (there is a little path from the hotel. It might not even be that far). They offer video rentals and there is a great Mexican restaurant next door called Fidel's. In the summertime they sometimes have jazz playing on the lawn surrounding the pool area. It would definitely be worth looking into.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 10:14 PM
xxx

Have the carnitas at Fidel's - they're the best!

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:01 AM
loangalsal

Check out the Pacific Terrace Hotel. Right on the beach and great for kids. Heated outdoor pool, and a nice breakfast provided with room price. Easy distance (if you have a car) from all the attractions. Have fun!

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Mark K

Stay at the Marriott Coronado Island resort. Top location, great resort, peaceful, plenty of activities, walk to shops, one mile to the best beach in SD. Also, the best community in San Diego, and that includes snooty La Jolla.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:17 AM
paul

Check out the Mission Bay Hilton (not Mission Valley). It is a very nice hotel located directly on Mission Bay, literally down the street from Sea World and just off of I-5. It is also surrounded by a very large park with playgrounds for children and a boardwalk for walking, jogging, biking, blading, etc. This hotel doesn't get much press but it might suit your needs perfectly.

Old Jan 17th, 2002, 08:42 AM
JD

We stayed at the Embassy Suites on the bay with our 2 kids. Weloved the location, the suites were large,& there was an indoor pool. Not beachfront however.