Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Pacific in Monterey

Does anyone have any opinions on this property? Thanks! ***kim***
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 07:15 AM
jem

We've stayed here a couple of times and were very pleased. It's a suite hotel, so you have more space than the usual room. Everything reflects a Spanish style in tasteful, warm earth tones. There was an area apart from the comfy bed with a sofa and table. We had doors that opened onto a small balcony with a view that faced a parking lot, as I recall. I think we got a special rate, which made it especially attractive, however. At the time, they also included a complimentary breakfast--nothing special, just the basics. The location is good for us--we can walk to the wharf and downtown's just a few blocks away.

Old Nov 16th, 2003, 07:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
We stayed there last year and are staying there again this February. Like jem said, it's a walk (across the street) to the wharf and downtown.

The property itself is very nice (I particularly like the little t.v. in the bathroom!) and big rooms. The rooms are divided into three parts: bedroom, living room, and dining room (with kitchenette). Continental buffet breakfast. The rooms have trays, so you can take your tray to the breakfast room, fill it up and take it back to your room to eat.

If you are not good with noise, you will want a room away from Pacific Avenue. We don't have a problem with noise (living on a busy street), so it wouldn't have been a problem for us, but we had a room off the main street, overlooking a cul de sac back street, which was very quiet.
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! The Hotel Pacific sounds very nice. Could anyone tell me if there is a jacuzzi on the property? Also, robes and turndown service in the evening? ***kim***
Old Nov 16th, 2003, 08:45 PM

Yes -- there are two jacuzzi's, one on each side of the hotel's reception area, as you meander along the outdoor areas you will eventually locate them. There are 2 very nice fluffy robes, and there is turn down service.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, it sounds very nice. Is there a website anyone can recommend to get the best rate at this place? Thanks!! ***kim***
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 02:41 PM

Call the hotel directly. They will usually give you the better deal if you ask for it.

Another thought: Monterey is running ads in the local San Jose and San Francisco papers to get locals to visit the area. They sometimes have great deals in those papers that do not get offered in other markets. You may want to go to a book store and look at the Sunday travel section of one of these papers. You may find a deal there.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 03:21 PM

www.hotelpacific.com is the website. Click on the "special offers" section for deals.
Old Nov 20th, 2003, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the responses. I called the hotel and they offered rooms for $339 and $269. Yikes! I googled the property and found a rate for $189/night but it didn't say if this room was an inner courtyard room which I want for privacy and noise purposes.

I found an excellent rate at orbitz.com for $177/night and it is an off-street room. Since this is on a Friday night, I believe this will be the best rate I can find. The specials require a two night stay on weekends and we are only able to stay for one night this trip.

Our past two anniversary trips have been at the Highland's Inn. We received a promotional rate for $79/night but we want to save that for when we are able to get away for three nights. Maybe in the Spring. I have dinners planned for the White House and Bouchee in Carmel. We will probably have lunch at the California Market at the Highland's Inn. The fish tacos are very good and I love the views from this property. Will post a report on the trip when we return!! Thanks for all the help!! ***kim***