Search

hotel on the public transportation route in Evansville Indiana

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hotel on the public transportation route in Evansville Indiana

Hi "Always Helpful" Fodorites

We are a team of two on a business trip to the Mead Johnson Facility at 2400 W Lloyd Expressway Evansville. We will be staying here for 3 months for the project.

Please suggest us a budget hotel which has kitchen facility and at the same time has a bus stop nearby which we can avail to go to office.

I found a hotel , Studio Plus Evansville East, 301 Eagle Crest Drive, Evansville,IN 47715, which suits our budget. Can anyone let us know if there is a public bus stop near this hotel?

pls advise as always with a better solution and a deeper insight

RajPam
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 02:48 AM

You could send the hotel an email and they will know exactly how far the bus stop is, if there is one in the meantime.
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 06:34 AM

There is a Value Place Inn, which is an extended stay hotel that has weekly rates and a Residence Inn. Call the properties directly to negotiate a 3 month deal and to get transit information.
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for your advice.I have called up the hotel for the required info. On research, I learnt that Evansville is pretty high on the crime chart in US with robbery and theft ranking among the very top 10 cities of the country.
do you think it is safe to avail the public transportation system? Is there any Car Pool service you can suggest?

best regards
Raj
Old Sep 12th, 2009, 10:29 AM

Perhaps check out www.priceline.com, www.betterbiding.com, www. biddingfortravel.com and www.hotwire.com to secure a place for a week to start off with, then once you know the area you can better decide what to do the other 2.5 months. It would be horrible to be pre-paid in a place you did not feel comfortable in.

You can probably get a very nice place on bidding on priceline for less than the cheap place you have already looked into. I have gotten hotels in small towns for $30-$39/night.

The job you are going to might be able to tell you the best area of town to live in.. and also maybe they will put up a notice that you would like to car pool to work.
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM

You are most likely going to want a car in Evansville - especially for 3 months. I wouldn't worry about the crime either - not sure where you are getting your statistics...
Old Sep 24th, 2009, 04:00 PM

I see you are now in Evansville.. What did you decide to do about lodging? Were you able to find something agreeable?