Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Hotel Near Epcot/Disney (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/hotel-near-epcot-disney-616128/)

Sarengetty May 16th, 2006 04:43 PM

Hotel Near Epcot/Disney

We (two adults, 40 and 50) are going to Orlando at the beginning of June for a long weekend. We will spend a day at Epcot and a day relaxing at the hotel and pool. Third day is for whatever we feel like doing. I am considering the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress ($189 per night) The hotel/pool looks gorgeous, but I am wondering if this hotel is worth the extra money. I am also looking at more moderate hotels such as Springhill Suites at Lake Buena Vista and Country Inn and Suites at Disney.

Also, how do Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort and Coronado Springs compare to the Hyatt? I can get a rate at the Disney properties of $159 a night.

Any advice or words of wisdom from those who have stayed at these properties?

tcapp May 17th, 2006 02:13 AM

The Hyatt would probably be more luxerious, but I have stayed at the Coronado Springs twice for conventions, and loved it. It's more of a moderate hotel, but the grounds and the atmosphere are very nice.
It's also in a great location.
Springhill Suites have a good reputation and are usually nice for a moderate hotel.

padams421 May 17th, 2006 03:25 AM

We've also stayed at the Coronado for a conference/convention. It has a nice pool area. It doesn't get as many families as the other Disney properties (because it gets a lot of conventions) but it's Disney so there will be some kids.

nytraveler May 17th, 2006 09:55 AM

The Hyatt Regency Grand Cyprus is in a whole different class from the others mentioned. It's really a resort - not a hotel - with boating of various types on the lake, bike trails, par 3 golf (as well as several real golf courses) and a great pool complex. Also - 2 good restaurants - and many fewer kids than the Disney properties.

cab5s May 17th, 2006 10:40 AM

The decision to me would come down to whether you plan on bouncing between the parks and your hotel on any of your days. It is much easier to get from a Disney hotel to the parks easily and quickly. If you are just doing one full day at Disney and don't need to go back to your hotel during the day, I'd pick the Grand Cypress.

sweetsailing May 17th, 2006 10:59 AM

I agree with other posters about Coronado Springs. Nice place to stay! Grounds are beautiful. Rooms are very nice. Great on property transportation and location is what you will get at Coronado Springs. I agree with other posters as well that Coronado Spring has far fewer kids. Not overrun at all. The pool area is especially nice. Has lots of areas where you could almost have a little seclusion. You don't mention if you will be renting a car or not. If you stay on Disney property you will not need a car. Free transportation to Epcot, sit at the pool on day 2 and on day 3 you could explore Downtown Disney area or other non-park areas and still take advantage of free transportation.