Hotel in St. Pete Beach

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Stacey

Hotel in St. Pete Beach

My husband and I are going to St. Pete Beach for Labor Day week. I've seen raving reviews for Don Cesar, but that is a little pricey for us. We're looking to spend more like 100-150 per night. I've seen mixed reviews on Tradewinds. We want to stay at a hotel with amenities (pool, restaurant, etc) versus an apartment/condo. We prefer in the "prime" are - Gulf Blvd. and right on the beach. Any other suggestions to try besides Don or Tradewinds?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 05:57 PM
Duane

Hi Stacey.

It's been about 10 years since I was in St Pete Beach, but used to go every summer. Stayed at the Don Cesar one year and remembering it being nice. They had a great Sunday Brunch. It can be pricey but I have seen it listed on luxurylink.com... maybe you can find a deal.

Otherwise, we always stayed at the Hilton. It has (had) a revolving lounge on the roof that was great for watch the sunset and the storms in the gulf. Also had a nice pool area and bar. One of the nicest things was that it was the closet hotel to the beach.

Like I said, it's been 10 years so I don't even know if it is still a Hilton and/or what kind of shape it is currently in.

Hope this helps.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 06:07 PM
Duane

Actually, after checking, it's now a Holiday Inn so I have no idea what type of shape it is in. But the rates are low ($113).

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Alex

Stacey
we have stayed many times in the Dolphin Beach hotel in St Pete's Beach. Its right on the beach and if you ask for a beach view room the views are to die for. It has a pool and a restaurant although the food is a bit disappointing. The price range is good.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Postal

Go to www.bidding for travel.com and see what comparable hotels are going for through Priceline in the St. Pete area.