Well, the "Big Reveal" to my niece and nephew was this weekend (http://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/pittsburgh-with-a-6-and-8-yr-old.cfm) and they are really excited.
There is a lot to do in Pittsburgh, I had no idea. Current plans are: Aviary (penguins), Zoo (polar bears), Carnegie Museum (dinosaurs) and the Incline. We will be there roughly 24 hours (an overnight) although my brother and the kids live a lot closer so once I leave to drive home they will still have the afternoon to do what they want.
At any rate, I am really hoping the Inn on the Mexican War Streets has room for us. If not, it would be great to stay really close to at least one of our goals. The Inn is apparently very close to the Aviary and the Children's Museum too.
Any other ideas? I looked at the Sheraton and the Marriott, I suppose we could do one of them in a pinch although I'm not sure if they are close to any of the above.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 AOL @ Password Reset Contact 1:888:482:3831 AOL Tec*h Supp0rt Care 24/7
- 2 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 3 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 4 I need help
- 5 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 6 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season
- 7 A Few days in Museums
- 8 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 9 Hawaii: Maui and Big Island questions
- 10 travelling from Miami to New York
- 11 Las Vegas TR
- 12 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 13 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 14 Family trip - West Coast - Summer 2017
- 15 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 16 First time in the United States
- 17 3 days San Francisco
- 18 Vacations in New Orleans
- 19 Hawaii instead of Oaxaca, but where?
- 20 Must-See Louis Vuitton Exhibit Downtown
- 21 Base Lodging in New Hampshire and Vermont
- 22 natchez accommodation
- 23 NYC NYE on a budget HELP please
- 24 Road Trip - DC to Miami in 2-3 days - need help
- 25 New Orleans Vacation
Hotel in Pittsburgh near the Aviary (or the Carnegie, or the Zoo?)