Hotel in Miami and parking ?

Nov 21st, 2014, 08:55 AM
Original Poster

Hotel in Miami and parking ?

My husband and I and our 22 year old son will be spending a week in south Florida the 2nd week of December. My husband and I stayed with friends (son wasn't along) at a Marriott timeshare once in Miami a few years ago so are somewhat familiar with the area but the timeshare was away from things-out by the airport I believe. This time we are thinking of staying in closer to where there are things to do and good restaurants. Maybe 2 nights in South Beach although parking is really expensive though but we'd only stay there probably 2 nights anyway. We also liked Key Biscayne but were there in the park for just for a few hours so I don't know what lodging is there is what there is besides the beach. Or should we stay somewhere like Coconut Grove and just drives places for the day? I'd appreciate suggestions on both an area to stay, parking on South Beach, reasonable hotels they liked, and things not to miss. Lat time we went to Key Largo for the day last time and may do something like that again although I'd like to go to Key West overnight instead. And there's the Everglades which we didn't do. This will be my son's first time so we'll try to do things he would enjoy.

Search this Thread