Search

Hotel in Brooklyn

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Brooklyn

I plan to visit relatives in Brooklyn with 2 kids over Labor Day weekend. We are planning just one night in Brooklyn (family) and 2 in Manhattan (for theater and museums. Where in Brooklyn should we stay?
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:34 AM

I'd suggest staying in Manhattan all three nights because Brooklyn is just a subway ride away. Staying in Manhattan, you won't waste alot of time checking out and then into another hotel.

For good prices try www.hotels.com and in particular try the Travel Inn on W. 42nd St. They have a pool and with 2 kids it will be a welcome relief from the hot weather which is typical for Labor Day weekend.

If you are driving into the city, The Travel Inn also offers free parking to guests.

Hope this helps and have a great time.
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 03:02 AM

Brooklyn is huge and doesn't have many hotel options. Most of it is very accessible by subway to Manhattan. There are also not many hotel options there. The largest hotel I think is the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge and it's grossly overpriced for what it is and not that far from Manhattan.

I agree with wanssomesun that it seems silly to move for just 1 night. What you might want to do is pick a hotel that's got good access to the subway line near your relatives or near where you'll meet them. Have them tell you where they are or which subway is closest and then we can advise. Here's the subway map
http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 05:58 AM
GoTravel

The Marriott Brooklyn right at the bridge.

Also, search PAII.org for B&Bs in Brooklyn.

Old Jun 15th, 2006, 06:00 AM

Brooklyn is huge so you'd have to be more specific. The Marriott is expensive and it's not nice around it. There's a Best Western in Bay Ridge but you might be better off going back to Manhattan.