Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Hotel at Miami International (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/hotel-at-miami-international-402421/)

RandyK Feb 23rd, 2004 04:55 AM

Hotel at Miami International

Arriving late on a Friday night (11 p.m.) for 1 night in Miami and I need a good hotel near the airport. I've got one wife of 20 years and 2 17 year old daughters and I don't want the first night of spring break to be a disappointment. Can someone recommend a hotel close to the airport that has shuttle service? My wife (the mind with the steel trap) remembers the crime experienced by some tourists in this area of a few years ago and wants to know we'll be safe. I just want a hotel that will make my three ladies happy. Money is not a huge issue, but anything around $125 or less per room would be nice. Any suggestions Fodorites??

cruisin_tigger Feb 23rd, 2004 05:24 AM

We've stayed at the Wyndham Miami Airport. Outdoor pool, restaurant on site, worked fine for our one night stay precruise - and does have free airport shuttle. Seemed totally safe to me. (And just an FYI if you are doing a cruise, its $18 flat rate cab to the port.)

andy Feb 23rd, 2004 06:15 AM

We have stayed at the HILTON at Miami Airport location..It is in an OFFICE PARK area..The cruise ships use it as a PRE-CRUISE hotel and it is VERY nice and also has a nice restaurant in it..

Rooms are large-- You should be able to get it at that $125 rate.

resipsaloquitur Feb 23rd, 2004 02:21 PM

The Miami International Airport Hotel is not near the airport - it is IN the airport, on Concourse E. Rooms are small, but perfectly comfortable for one night. Rates are higher than $125/room, but this is the premium paid for ultimate convenience, and you did say that money was not a huge issue. Reservations essential.

Traveler Feb 23rd, 2004 05:01 PM

Randy,
Go to biddingfortravel.com and then Priceline. You can get two rooms in a great airport hotel (all with shuttles I believe) for less than $125 total. The hotel at the airport is run down and expensive in comparison.

The Hilton, a frequent Priceline property, is pretty nice and has a great pool. Ask when you check in and they will usually upgrade you to a suite for $40, even with a Priceline room.

LilyLace Feb 23rd, 2004 06:29 PM

I stay frequently at the Miami Airport Hilton on Blue Lagoon Drive for business. Excellent hotel, service and nice pool. My daughter 16, loved the place! Quiet neighborhood (at the end of a business park). One of my Miami customers actually used the ballroom for his twin 14 year old daughters birthday party.

RandyK Feb 27th, 2004 05:15 PM

Thanks to all posters! I got a deal for 2 rooms at the Wyndham for $74 each. Priceline couldn't come through for me, but this is a great rate and well under my artificial ceiling of $125 per room. Once again, Fodorites have delivered for me! Thanks to all!

Patrick Feb 27th, 2004 06:19 PM

I just found this thread. Thank your lucky stars you booked where you did at not AT the airport hotel which is a dump!!