Reload this Page >

Hotel and Air Deals for Cinncinnati.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 05:50 PM
MJ

I will be going to the Queen City later this year for a big wedding. First, what are some good hotels priced between $75-$100 a night in town.

Second is there some way to get a decent air deal into this town. Right now the only thing that doesn't have me flying from Dallas to Atlanta to Memphis to Cincy for less than $400 is Midwest Express, and even that involves a transfer in Milwaukee and flying a puddle jumper. I know I should probably use a travel agent, and I probably will. I just like to think that I can find a good deal on my own.

On the other hand my ego isn't worth that much $$$.

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 06:11 PM
annK

MJ you might want to try the Delta website. Cinnci is one of their hubs, so you should be able to get a decent price, depending on how long in advance you can book. The address is www.delta.com.

Good luck

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 12:16 PM
MJ

I did. They want nearly $500 to go from DFW (a Delta hub) to Cincy (a Delta hub) for a November flight.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 03:00 PM
John

Is Dayton far from Cincinnati? If not, fly AirTran from DFW to Dayton. Southwest can't help you since Dallas travel is restricted by the Wright Amendment.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Emily

Dayton isn't that far from Cincinnati, maybe a 1 hour drive. I'd drive there for a cheaper flight any day.

Old Jan 7th, 2001, 03:25 PM
John

I just checked using random dates in November...American flies nonstop DFW to Dayton for $251.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Gina

You could also check into flying into Columbus, a little over an hours drive or Lexington for flights. Good luck!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Jay

For hotels you might want to check into the Marriott Courtyards, I know there is one in Blue Ash. They were running specials on the weekend to attract guests as most of their clientele are business travelers during the week.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 10:52 AM
Andrea

I'd try Priceline.com for a hotel. I stayed in Cinci for two consecutive nights at downtown 4* hotels for $30/night over Labor Day weekend. I'd say it's worth a try to save that much $$!

I live in Louisville, which is two hours away, but another option as far as airfare.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 01:53 PM
Ian

To find the cheapest airfares and room rates use the links at Travellynx- www.geocities.com/travellynx.
First try Webflyer, then try Qixo, and Farechase, for airfares. For hotels check out the Hotel Reservation Network and Travelscape. Also check out Last Minute Travel. All these links are on the travellynx website. Check it out.