Search

Hotel Adagio in SF

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 06:07 AM
dona

Hotel Adagio in SF

Looking for more information from anyone who has stayed at the Hotel Adagio http://www.jdvhospitality.com/hotels/hotel/15 in San Francisco. It is very reasonably priced for SF and gets good reviews in Trip Advisor. Is it too good to be true? We like more contemporary hotels and this appears to fit the bill. Thanks!

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 01:16 PM
trippinkpj

I've stayed there a couple of times. It's in a good location and has very nice/ spacious rooms. They had a major renovation in 2003 (I think it closed for it). I would go for it, you'll be pleased.

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi dona, just my personal thoughts. This hotel is on Geary between Jones and Taylor. Not a place I would want to walk back to late at night. Probably while it is reasonably priced. Again, just my opinion, I don't like that area in the dark.
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 02:28 PM
trippinkpj

My daughter and I felt okay in the dark there, as long as you didn't go any farther than the hotel, away from union square on Geary Street. It's still considered in the theatre district, a desirable and safe spot.

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 02:41 PM
trippinkpj

I checked the traveler reviews onTrip advisor and Expedia. I didn't see anything negative about the neighborhood, just a few comments about street noise and sirens from some of the views. All in all, the reviews are really good. Also check their sister hotel, Hotel Diva, which is also on Geary closer to Union Square.

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 03:06 PM
dona

Thanks for your thoughts. I just noticed that there is no A/C. We're thinking of Memorial Day weekend. Would the lack of A/C be a problem that time of year?

Old Mar 12th, 2006, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We all have different opinions of course. My family arrived in SF after the Civil War. I have had family in SF since than. I do know SF. Just my personal opinion, but I would not want to stay on Geary between Jones & Taylor if I were going to be walking back to the hotel I was staying at late at night. But that is just me. Only giving my viewpoint.

If I stayed in that area I would want to be sure that I had a taxi take me from the restaurant where I had dinner to the hotel. Again, just my opinion and experiences.

Have a wonderful time in SF dona.
Old Mar 12th, 2006, 03:20 PM
trippinkpj

I think no AC is okay, at that time and most times of the year in the city.
I've lived near the city for over 50 years, and have stayed in the city many times. Have a great time Dona.

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 08:38 AM
trippinkpj

I recieved back up info from my SF native sources. They say Hotel Adiago is in a decent area and not unsafe. Keep in mind, anywhere in a large city can have risks.

Old Mar 13th, 2006, 11:08 AM
dona

Thanks to both of you, trippinkpj and LoveItaly (love your name!) for your thoughts.