We are two Aussie seniors (husband and wife) arriving in New York 14th November 2014 staying 5 nights. So far having trouble agreeing on a suitable hotel for our stay. These are our requirements in the City area:
1. Queen room with air conditioning, fridge and air conditioner
2. Close to subway preferably with escalators or lift as I had a slight disability and climbing stairs is difficult. 5 to 10 min walk is ok.
3. Close to reasonably priced restaurants
4. Price preferably $1700 or under for 5 nights including taxes (recently looking at hotel 32 32 but price has now gone up to over $2000 so that's a tad too much
Hoping to visit main attractions ie Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, maybe do a Food Tour and normal attractions. Not that interested in the Theatre although may see one show.
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Booze & books in NYC
- 2 Road trip California
- 3 Yosemite lodging ideas
- 4 RV Grand Canyon
- 5 NASHVILLE AND MEMPHIS..A FEW QUESTIONS
- 6 Saratoga Springs, NY
- 7 Southern Oregon route
- 8 LOS ANGELES TO RENO
- 9 Where would you go in March?
- 10 I need help
- 11 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 12 5 day trip to Portland Maine in October
- 13 Expedia
- 14 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 15 Oklahoma City to El Paso
- 16 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 17 Lunch on the North Shore Kauai
- 18 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 19 Las Vegas TR
- 20 10 day California Trip in July
- 21 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 22 New York in 5 days
- 23 Newport Beach restaurants
- 24 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 25 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona