Hoover Dam, Lake Mead & a park in one day?

Old Jul 15th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoover Dam, Lake Mead & a park in one day?

Hi, we have 3 nites in the Vegas area. Already have tickets to O for Friday night (second row of the balcony which seems like a good, economical alternative to the first few rows per other messages here). On Sat or Sun (other couple made the arrangements) we have a boat reserved for the day at Lake Mead. I am planning on also squeezing in Hoover Dam on that same day trip (very early in the day to beat crowds).

Is there anything else that I can 'squeeze in'? Maybe a detour through a park or some other places of interest?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 08:18 AM

Valley of Fire is an option. I think it's a must-see in the LV area, and you can do a drive-through. Get a map and see how you can dovetail it into your Hoover/Lake Mead trip.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, that just may do it; that sounds just like what I'm looking for. Still open to more suggestions.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 11:44 AM

FWIW: Valley of Fire & Hoover Dam are in opposite directions. I loved Valley of Fire, but not sure (depending on time of boat rental) you can do all three in one day.

Depending on where boat rental is, I would stick to HD and boat. Another day get a semi-early start and do Valley of Fire before settling into the Vegas mindset. You can enjoy Valley of Fire in 1/2 day including the drive there and back.
Old Jul 15th, 2007, 07:15 PM

Check it on a map. From the Hoover Dam area, take 167 up along Lake Mead until you hit 169. Hang a left, and you'll drive through Valley of Fire and come out at I-15.