Honolulu Mall/Shopping Center???

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 06:07 PM
zachary basset

Honolulu Mall/Shopping Center???

Hi There,
We are leaving for Kauai Tuesday and have a last minute question. Since our return flight leaving Honolulu is very late evening we usually fly from Kauai to Honolulu early on the morning we are departing and spend the day at Pearl Harbor.

Since I've seen it 3 times in the last 4 years I really don't want to go this year, yet my husband wants to spend the day in the museum. Is there any Malls or shopping centers between the airport and Pearl Harbor that we can get the cab driver to drop me off? That way we'll both be happy.
Any suggestions? Thanks

Old Jun 17th, 2001, 07:05 PM
scigirl

The closest mall to Pearl Harbor is Pearlridge. It isn't between Pearl Harbor and the airport - but a little ways past Pearl Harbor. It is still pretty close - and certainly much closer than any of the other malls I can think of. It isn't the most exciting (if that is the right term) of the malls on Oahu - but you can probably entertain yourself there. The mall also has a movie theater if shopping fails to hold you for long enough. I hope this helps.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 09:04 AM
Patrice

I think Pearl Ridge Mall might be a disappointment. Why not go for a day spa treatment at the JW Marriott Ihilani Resort.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 02:00 PM
zachary basset

What a way to end a vacation!! Thanks for the idea!!

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 10:59 PM
Melissa

EEK. Isn't Ihilani a little far? There is a Pearlridge Massage Clinic (808-487-3847) so you can go there if Pearlridge shopping really does disappoint. I'm sure it's not the same as the Ihilani, but it's not as far, either.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:36 AM
sarah

JW Marriott Ihilani Resort is the closest hotel to Pearl Ridge if memory serves. Call the hotel for more accuracy, it is beautiful out there and even if you do not use the spa facilities, in Hawaii the public has access to all beaches, by law. So you can sun and swim on those amazing lagoons,free. I actually confirmed this recently with the Hawaii Visitors Bureau.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 09:48 AM
Sarah

I meant to say JW Marriott Ihilani Resort is the hotel nearest to Pearl Harbor. Check with the hotel for certain.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 02:48 PM
Steve

Since you asked about spending the day shopping/walking around a mall, it sounds like a spa isn't what you're looking for (although it is a nice way to spend a day). Pearlridge mall is not a mall for tourists (i.e. you won't pay 10% more for everything) but it is the closest mall to Pearl Harbor. It's about 10 minutes past the Arizona Memorial on Kam(Kamehameha) Highway.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:04 PM
lucy

It is only about 5 taxi minutes from the Nimitz Highway gate for the AZ memorial to Pearlridge. Drop hubby off and let him walk the last 50 yards, then tell the taxi to let you off at Sears. It is the first corner of Pearlridge. Visit there ("downtown" pearlridge, then walk outside for about 2 minutes or take the monorail to the more upscale "Uptown Pearlridge". There is also a Ross's, California Pizza Kitchen, and Sizzler outside the downtown. There are theatres inside too, if you finish shopping.
If you want an outlet mall..it is about another 10 minutes by car down the same Kamehameha highway to Waikele. You could also take the bus from the AZ meomrial to Pearlridge or Waikele for $1.

Old Jun 19th, 2001, 04:12 PM
Katrina

A last day on Oahu at the Pearl Ridge Shopping center is a day wasted. GO TO Ihilani Resort. Or take the car to the windward side but that mall is small and uneventful. Waikele is an outlet mall that has items manufactured for the outlet. No real deals unless you can't get off the island for shopping.