Reload this Page >

Honeymooning in Napa/Sonoma & Carmel next October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 06:04 AM
Lainie

Planning to honeymoon in Napa/Sonoma & Carmel next October. Can anyone suggest very upscale B&B's in the areas mentioned. Also, we would like to check out a day spa & nice restaurants. Thanks.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Sally

We stayed at The Highlands Inn in Carmel for our honeymoon, and loved it. Beautiful views and great food. Had lunch at Auberge du Soleil in Napa. Didn't stay there, but the grounds are lovely. Definitely recommend you check out both places.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 11:37 AM
shelli

I second the motion for the Highlands Inn. The hotel was wonderful, the conscierge was extremely helpful and the place was beautiful. Tell them that you are on you honeymoon and you just might find a special gift left in your room one night.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 03:41 PM
Bob

Highlands hard to beat.

You can also try Clint Eastwood's place in Carmel: Mission Ranch. Nice grounds and nice restaurant. It is behind the Carmel Mission and on the coast.

Silverado is a place in Napa with golf, tennis and a spa. The rooms are also nice and close to a lot of things to do.

The French Laundry in Yountville is the hot restaurant in the Napa area. You need reservations 2 months in advance. This month's GQ has a small blurb on it as one of the top ten in US. You have time to book now.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 11:44 AM
Uche

I second the Highlands Inn. I was there for 3 days last Sept and the service and location can't be beat. The view from the ocean view suites are especially brerath taking. Eventhough I was the only single person staying in the property since it is a very romantic setting and attracts a lot of couples, I had a wonderful time.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:13 PM
Alanna

We got married and honeymooned in Carmel! Stayed at The Tickle Pink Inn beside The Highlands Inn. Absolutely beautiful. Better views than Highlands Inn (it was recommended over The Highlands by the people who helped coordinate the wedding). We had our wedding dinner at The Highlands Inn - awesome. We stayed a night here and there and explored. The highlight of our trip was at a place called The Inn at Depot Hill in a little resort town called Capitola by the Sea. It's about 40 minutes away from Carmel. It is rated one of the top 10 Inns in the US. There are about 10 rooms each decorated to the nines in a different look (English, Meditteranean etc). They spent millions on this place and believe me they did not skip a detail. I would also recommend Sonoma over Napa as it is alot less commercial. The Sonoma Mission Inn is supposed to be great.

Happy Honeymooning!