Reload this Page >

Honeymoon in Hawaii????

Search

Honeymoon in Hawaii????

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Liz

Honeymoon in Hawaii????

We are planning our honeymoon in Hawaii next July. Does anyone have a suggestion for a beautiful, romantic resort in either Oahu or the Big Island? We are considering either the JW Marriott Ihilani in Oahu or the Hapuna Beach Prince or Mauna Lani beach Hotel on the Big Island.

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 06:17 PM
xxx

Why are you not considering Maui or Kauai?

Old Jul 6th, 2002, 07:49 PM
Kay

On Oahu the Mandarin Oriental is much more beautiful and romantic than the Marriott Ihilani. Readers of Conde Nast Traveler voted its rooms best in the USA this year (which I don't agree with, but they're still very nice).

Old Jul 7th, 2002, 05:32 AM
mag

We stayed at the Orchid @Mauna Lani on the big island and LOVED it on our honeymoon (which, coincidentally, was in July of last year). We visited the Mauna Lani Bay Hotel next door and were very glad we were not staying there. The hotel just wasn't as beautiful or nice as the Orchid. We had a fabulous honeymoon there-the rooms, grounds, and food were great! We then went to Maui so I can't comment on Oahu. Good luck!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 06:30 AM
kate

I think you would be happier staying on Maui, the Big Island or Kauai. Oahu is very crowded and over developed and is not nearly as pretty as the other islands. I was pretty disappointed when I went there. Staying in Waikiki is like staying downtown in a huge city. There are some beautiful resorts in Wailea, Maui - the Four Seasons and the Grand Wailea, to name a few. Check out Maui Revealed (book). They have great tips and honest reviews. Kaui is also amazingly beautiful and romantic. Quieter and less touristy than Maui. The Hyatt Regency and Sheraton in Kauai are both very nice. Have fun!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:35 AM
justmaiued

Please consider Maui. Just got back from 10 day honeymoon. It was perfect!

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 10:07 AM
just 3 weeks

Very cute name, justmauied. Where did you stay in Maui? Also, please share your favorite restaurants and activities. Thanks.