Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Honeymoon Help--which islands? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/honeymoon-help-which-islands-129871/)

Melissa Jun 13th, 2001 09:16 AM

Honeymoon Help--which islands?

We are getting married in early December and want to spend about 10 days in Hawaii on our honeymoon, but we cannot decide about the islands. We will need some relaxation time after the wedding, but we also would like some activities to keep us busy (hiking, etc.). We figure we have time for 2 islands. Any suggestions? We know that Manele Bay in Lanai is beautiful, secluded, and relaxing, but we've also heard great things about Kauai (sp?). Most of my friends have also gone to Maui. We don't have a lot of time to do research because we have to book this trip ASAP--so any advice would be greatly appreciated. <BR>-Melissa

Suzie Jun 13th, 2001 09:32 AM

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon about a hundred years ago and when we got back started planning our next visit. In September when we go back it will be our 5th time. On our honeymoon we went to Oahu and Kauai. We had never been before so we fell in love with Oahu and then we were not happy with Kauai (too quiet for us at the time and we had no idea what we were doing). We've taken trips to Maui and Ohau, Maui and the BI and just Maui. Next we're going to Kauai because we are now convinced that on our honeymoon we were idiots! If I were looking for someone to suggest the islands that a honeymooning couple would enjoy most, (assuming you're twentysomething or so) I'd say Maui and Kauai. Both of these spots are just beautiful, relaxing but with plenty to do in terms of outdoor activity. Oahu, I have found, is not nearly as relaxing and enjoyable as the other islands. Good luck planning your honeymoon.

notalotof Jun 13th, 2001 09:44 AM

Melissa, <BR>I see you've posted this three times. That should tell you something. Maybe foderites are not anxious to help those who blatentley say they are not willing to spend some time researching to help themselves. Just do a search on Hawaii. You will find lots of info that should help you begin your search for the perfect honeymmon. Good luck. Next time you want to get noticed, just answer your own post, that will bring it to the top again without having to repost the same thing over and over.

Jeff JAnsen Jun 13th, 2001 09:44 AM

I have to agree with the above comments. Since it is december, I would look for warmer areas. Southern Muai or Southern Oahu avg low 80's for highs. Northern Maui, Kauai, and BI avg low 70's for highs. <BR>You might want to go to Maui for a while and stop in Oahu for a couple days. Most airlines dont fly direct to any island but Oahu and this will give you a easier trip home.

sk Jun 13th, 2001 12:10 PM

break you trip up between a few-- <BR>get the true flavor of the idlands that woy you will kno whch you would want ot make your return visits too.. <BR>I preer laid back & relaxed & romantic-Maui& Kauai are my favorites-Oahu is to touristy & busy for my liking-tho I would not turn down a trip there either- <BR>try 3 oahu-3kauai & 4 maui--(in that order good too oahu unwind& start to slow down-& then relax more & more!) <BR>a good mix- save the big island for a return since it takes time to get around there-you will love hawaii no matter what -ALoha & congratulations

Mike Jul 1st, 2001 03:33 PM

We honeymooned in Kauai and Maui 3 yrs ago. Kauai is the best first stop. Beautiful, less to do (but, more than enough). Then Maui. More action. You will be ready for the activity by then.<BR><BR>We spent 10 days, 5 on each isle. We loved it so much that when we won atrip back to Maui last year, we made Kauai our 2nd stop.