Loews Royal Pacific Hotel/ and How is City Walk

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Going to Universal 7/10 - 7/14 and staying at the Loews Royal Pacific Hotel in the jurasic park suite want to know how that hotel is and how is that room? I would also like to know how the resaurants are at the hotel and at City walk, we are traveling with our 3 boys ages 15, 12, and 11.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 04:16 AM

Anyone any info please? Also would like info on this hotel
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:39 AM

The hotel is very nice, don't know about that particular suite. Did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants. There are many places to eat at citywalk and the other hotels as well. Are you interested in any particular one as there are quite a few. Emerils is probably the best at citywalk. All the others are chain theme type restaurants (NASCAR cafe, Hard Rock cafe, NBA city, Margaritaville, etc.) If you have more specific questions I would be glad to answer if I can.

As far as the hotel, It is considered the high end of the 3 city walk hotels. You can walk to the parks but it is a very long walk. There is a boat and bus that you can take there as well. There are 3 pool areas (family, adult, quiet). We stayed at the adult pool since we were kidless. It was quite nice. Evenings on the piaza are nice overlooking the water. The room we had was quite nice as well, overlooking the water, had a huge bathroom and a very comfy king bed. All hotels have a kuerig coffee maker which I really liked. Again if more specific questions I will try to answer.

I have stayed at both Portofino and Hard Rock and prefer the Hard Rock as it is much closer to parks and citywalk and has a great pool area . Although the room was not as nice as nice a Portofino.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM

OOOPs sorry I just re-read the title and noticed you were asking about Royal Pacific not Portofina. Sorry. All I know is that RP is the lower end of the 3 hotels and is also walkable to the parks and citywalk. Emerils has another restaurant there called Tchoup Tchoup.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM

Our family has stayed at all three Universal properties and while the Royal Pacific is considered to be the lowest rung of them is still very nice. Big rooms, nice grounds and for kids probably the best pool area of the three. Little bit of a walk to the park, but shorter than from Portofino Bay. There is also the boat you can take. Emeril's Tchoup Chop restaurant is on site with good food and fun open kitchen concept (though a bit pricey). Love the Express pass and early Harry Potter entry.
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Royal Pacific is a beautiful resort. With five of you in the room it may be a bit crowded.
It is an easy walk to the parks or ride the water taxi. WE always found it easier to walk to the park and then if we were tired to take the water taxi back from City Walk.
For info on all the restaurants in City Walk and the Parks, go to this site. You can also see all the rides and attractions:
http://www.universalorlando.com/
We love Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific. In the parks our all time favorite sit down restaurant is Mythos in Islands of Adventure. It is fantastic.

Also for loads of info on Universal try this site:
http://www.disboards.com/forumdispla...0811f6f00&f=30