Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Holiday Inn Oceanfront Ocean City MD (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/holiday-inn-oceanfront-ocean-city-md-527170/)

stella39 May 6th, 2005 01:18 PM

Holiday Inn Oceanfront Ocean City MD

Any one stay here recently? Bring our grandchildren 15 and 6. Staying 4 nights 5 days in July. Is this a clean hotel? Hate to bring the grandchilren to a dump. The rates are almost 300 a night but the reviews on trip advisor are not always favorable. Any comments appreciated.
Thanks

LN May 6th, 2005 03:41 PM

It's hard to say that one hotel is fine and another isn't. This hotel has been pretty good when we've stayed there but I can;'t guarantee that the same will be true for you. All hotels in resort areas have short terms visitors and they fix the places up as best they can. For the most part I'd say the Holiday Inn has kept up their hotel.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your visit to OceaN cITY.

stella39 May 6th, 2005 05:16 PM

LN

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, we will have the same luck as you. I'm not expecting the Ritz, I just hope it's clean and everything works.

audra May 6th, 2005 07:12 PM

Hi, there are two Holiday Inns on the Ocean, the one towards the north end is much newer and nicer. Not sure of the specific names and addresses, but I would check. The one in the north end also has a couple pools, slides ect. Hope that helps.

stella39 May 7th, 2005 07:11 AM

The hotel we booked is on 67th Street not on Boardwalk. Any one else with comments.

Thank you.

LN May 7th, 2005 09:33 AM

At 67th Street you're actually in the middle of Ocean City. It runs from the lower end of the Boardwalk up to about 145th st. You have good accessability there. The Jolly Roger (a nice amusement park for kids) is down around 30th St. There's many restaurants all around and you will have to visit the boardwalk for some Thrashers fries and all the little shoppes along there.

stella39 May 7th, 2005 09:48 AM

Thanks LN.

We have visited Ocean City before but never this hotel. We will go down to the boardwalk and check it out at least once.

I was hoping someone has gone to this hotel recently and can share some comments specifically about the hotel and rooms.

Thank you.

stella39 May 10th, 2005 06:17 PM

Anyone????

JerseySue May 10th, 2005 06:36 PM

Hi Stella - we own a home in OC - That Holiday Inn is right near our home - it's in a good area and has a nice beach. We stayed there while our home was being completed - it's really runned down - must most hotels in OC are - due to high traffic and sand. Your best bet is a condo - lots of beautiful ones and probably cheaper - no maid service ! Remember - the higher the number street it is, the better the area.

stella39 May 11th, 2005 01:02 PM

Thanks JerseySue...

I appreciate your reply

lsnyder May 22nd, 2005 02:15 PM

Hi, We used to own a condo right next door...it's ok...but a busy hotel (esp in July) and not much space for that kind of rate. We now own a condo a bit north (83rd street) that is a 3BR new, gorgeous direct bay views/sunsets and rooftop pool that would cost you less than a hotel to rent for a week. If you are interested in seeing pictures just let me know and I can email you...