Holiday in August

Jun 4th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Holiday in August

Staying in LA Friday to Monday 15th-18th August. Me , hubby and 2 Boys 16 and 17yrs. We dont intend to drive but hope to use metro etc as havent driven in American cities before! can this be done and which area should we get a hotel in to be able to see sites Hollywood sign a bit of shopping etc.)Probably arive into union station first.
Help i am quite confused any replies gratefully received
Jun 4th, 2008, 09:48 AM
lvk

Welcome to Fodor's, squeaky2. First of all, I would suggest you post again with your location in your title. You will get more responses that way. Many people, who may be have something to contribute, won't open a thread with such a vague title.

LA is one American city where a car is needed to get the optimum experience. It is very spread out and getting anywhere on the Metro can eat up valuable vacation hours. How are you getting here? Train to Union Station? Flyaway bus from LAX to Union Station?

If you choose not to rent a car, try hotels in Universal City or Hollywood, as they are near the Metro Red Line. You will be able to see the Hollywood sites and Universal Studios. The problem is, once you've seen those attractions (one day Universal, 1/2 day Hollywood), it is very difficult to get anywhere else in LA. Check out www.metro.net for trip planning to see how long it would take you to get to Venice Beach, for example.

Search this Thread