Hold out for Wicked tix, or buy for another show thanksgiving week

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This trip was a very last minute decision due to some good airfare prices. I really wanted to see wicked, but right now ticketmaster is only showing tix for Tuesday, Nov. 25. I can't go that day because I bought tix for the radio city rockettes for Tues. at 5:00 (too bad I can't change them now.) I can go Wed. Nov. 26, but no tix available that day right now.

We need 3 tix, so that is making it a little more difficult. Stub hub has tix in the back of the theatre for $189/each, we just can't pay that much more for $75 tix.

So, should I hold out and see if ticketmaster throws some tix out later? Or should I just give it up and decide on another play to see? I know the TKTS booths won't have tix by the time we get to NYC, but sometimes ticketmaster throws out extra seats.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 04:25 AM

Have you tried www.broadwaybox.com? The site has discount codes to use. Wicked is amazing but there are many good shows: Lion King, Mamma Mia, Phantom -- to name a few.

You can also pass by the TKTS booth. There is a screen listing the offerings and the discount (25%, 50%, etc.).

Old Nov 4th, 2008, 04:50 AM

Ticket availability is not going to change at Ticketmaster. Your only chance would be to snag a seat or three from the box office on the day of performance. Sometimes cancellations go back there.

If you really want to see a show, I'd recommend buying tickets now. It's a very very busy week.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 06:54 AM

"I know the TKTS booth won't have tickets by the time we get to NYC."

I'm not sure what you mean by that.
TKTS has tickets available every day. They may not be for the shows you want (Wicked definitely will NOT be available there!), but there will be tickets for some shows.

If you list some of the shows, other than Wicked, that you're interested in, we can pass along suggestions on the best (and cheapest) way to get seats.
Old Nov 4th, 2008, 07:47 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
just a thought - and you've probably already done this -- but have you tried for 3 single tickets instead of 3 together? Even "sold out" shows often have scattered single seats available.
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks janisj, it didn't even occur to me to look for single tickets. I was able to get 3, just not together! YAY!!!

HowardR, when I said I wouldn't be able to get tickets at the TKTS booth, I specifically meant for Wicked.

Thanks everyone!
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 08:06 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
That's great! You'll love the show
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 08:37 AM

Good idea and glad you got single seats. I've never understood the need for people to sit together for a show, unless there is a little one who needs supervision. People shouldn't be talking during the show, so what difference does it make if you sit together? People often take much poorer seats than necessary just because they feel a need to all sit together.
Old Nov 5th, 2008, 02:39 PM

I so agree. I would always rather just split up in the theatre and get a much better seat....I am in the minority opinion on this issue though within my circle.