Search

Hockey Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 03:07 AM
Sam

Hockey Tickets

I would love to see the Rangers play later this year (December) and have found tickets on the web for $130 a piece - is that a good deal?

OR.... is it better to buy from the scalpers? I will arrive at JFK around 6pm and the game starts at 7pm. If I missed the first period what chance would I have of getting a ticket and what would I expect to pay.

BTW - they play Pittsburgh.

Thanks, Sam.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:00 AM
S

Go Penguins!

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:20 AM
blecch

I think that's an awful lot of money to see a last place team that has won a lone Stanley Cup since 1941. Try driving down to Philadelphia when you're in NY if you want to see a real hockey game.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:31 AM
S

But Sam specifically wants to see the Rangers play.

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:32 AM
x

If the plane arrives at 6pm you are not likely to exit the plane and be on your way to the Garden before 6:30 - with a flight delay possibly later. It will take at least one hour to get to the Garden. As you indicate you will miss the entire first. Scalpers will probably be gone from the area by that time and I am reasonably certain the game will be a sell out - most Ranger games, as bad as they are, are sell outs. Is it worth $130 to see a usually lousy team play and also miss one full period of play.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 10:10 AM
Eugene

Sam,

The Rangers tickets are not going on sale until August 28th, so be careful about that $130 offer. Also note that, as a result of the slumping economy and the Rangers' so-so play, tickets are now much easier to get than in the past. My suggestion: on August 28th, go on www.newyorkrangers.com (you'll be then linked to the ticketmaster website) and buy your tickets online.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:14 PM
dan woodlief

Thanks Eugene. I will be in New York soon too, and I usually try to attend a hockey game if available when I travel. Don't give up hope Sam. Just jump online. Hey, I had always heard it was impossible to get tickets to a Toronto game at Maple Leaf Gardens and ordered one online a month or so ahead of time.
What about Devils tickets?

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 12:55 PM
al

Sam, do not buy tickets from any other source than the beloved www.ticketmaster.com.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 01:07 PM
Geoff

Rangers tickets are very high, but not $130 each unless you got hit with a huge processing fee. (illegal in NY, but NJ sellers with the tickets can do that)

Al - ticketmaster is crap, they charge as much fee as humanly possible and do nothing for the service. (even force you to pick up the ticket at the gate because their printing was "backed up" - for three months) Best place is at the box office.

Devil's tickets are easily available and anywhere from $50-75. And even if the Rainjerks are bad, they aren't boring like the Devil's.

Go Orange and Black.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 02:41 PM
Eugene

A few more comments...

1. There do exist $130 Rangers tickets (I think club seats go as high as $250, if not higher), but I don't think what Sam was offered was one of those tickets.

2. Pittsburgh (notwithstanding Alex Kovalev's popularity in NY) is not a top team, so my guess is that the NYR-Pitt game will not be sold out.

3. I have never had any trouble with Ticketmaster. They do charge a processing/mailing fee, but what are Sam's options?

Old Aug 26th, 2002, 12:14 AM
Sam

Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated.

Sam