Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Hip restaurants Scottsdale - Phoenix (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/hip-restaurants-scottsdale-phoenix-374984/)

unicares Nov 9th, 2003 10:52 AM

Hip restaurants Scottsdale - Phoenix

Spending 5 days with husband and two 22 year old sons. Would like to try good - hip and great food restaurants. My sons would definitely be happy in a popular hip place. We like good food. All suggestions appreciated

kimamom Nov 15th, 2003 11:23 AM

Your family might enjoy the Pinnacle Peak Steahouse in Scottsdale,AZ. Tell all the males to wear a tie as they cut off your ties there as part of the fun of this place. www.pppatio.com to read more about it!! Have fun!! ***kim***

Uma Nov 15th, 2003 12:06 PM

When our 28 year old nephew visited,
we took him to Sapporo on N. Scottsdale
Road. Definitely a popular and "hip"
place. Would also suggest Rancho Pinot
Grill, Razz's, Eddie V's, T. Cook's, Lon's, though all a bit expensive. Less expensive at Z'Tejas, Bamboo Club, Sam's Cafe.

Heavens Nov 15th, 2003 12:24 PM

Our favorite restaurant is Roxsands. It is on the second floor of the Biltmore Fashion Park. We went there about ten years ago and absolutely loved it. Then we went back last year and it was as good as we remember. Truly a unique, eclectic and creative menu. Not a touristy place, a little romantic, a little sophisticated.

But awesome food.

bonesaz Nov 15th, 2003 02:00 PM

Roxsand has closed. One of those clandestine, move out in the middle of the night type of things. It's too bad, it was a great place once. I choose restaurants for food, not hipness (I am decidedly un-hip) but you might try Tarbells @ 32nd St and Camelback. It's popular w/ the beautiful people. As is the aforementioned Sapporo or Thaifoon in Scottsdale. As far as great food goes, I'd recommend trying Roaring Fork in Scottsdale. Great for dinner and possibly the best happy hour I've ever encountered. I also like Flo's (Asian) at Scottsdale Rd & Frank Lloyd Wright. Enjoy your trip.

ceg Nov 16th, 2003 06:12 AM

Couple of more suggestions, Zinc, North, Barcelona, Fox Sports Grill, AZ88. Also check out azcentral.com for restaurants. (Under food and home heading.)

kimamom Nov 17th, 2003 09:27 AM

Hapa's has received good reviews lately. www.restauranthapa.com Any opinions on recent meals here? ***kim***

krissy66 Nov 29th, 2003 12:34 PM

Zinc Bistro and North are both hip, but the food's not so good at North, in my opinion. Way more style than substance. Zinc Bistro's food is pretty good.

Roaring Fork is great, and in Old Town Scottsdale, there's a little place called Furio that is divine. It's hip and close to nightlife in Old Town.

krissy66 Nov 29th, 2003 12:35 PM

Oh, and as for good, T Cook's at the Royal Palms is to die for. A bit pricey, but soooooo wonderful. Hip's not the word to describe it, it's just a fabulous restaurant with great food and excellent service.

MzPossum Nov 29th, 2003 08:30 PM

The Cheesecake Bistro in Kierland Commons, Scottsdale would fit the bill. (If you haven't already been to one, that is, as they are a chain) Hip and good food (and enormous slices of cake for dessert!)

parismatch Sep 21st, 2005 11:35 AM

Does anyone know of any restaurants in Scottsdale/Phoenix area that specialize in a creative raw food diet?

Litespeed_Chick Sep 21st, 2005 12:21 PM

It's been a few years, but Pizzaria Bianco was great when I went, and got a lot of foodie press.

amwosu Sep 21st, 2005 02:53 PM

http://www.foxrestaurantconcepts.com

I like bloom in Scottsdale. Go to the above site, click bloom then look at the menu of bloom in Scottsdale. There is also one in Colorado.

AZ88 is all about the people watching and has good food to boot.

amwosu Sep 21st, 2005 02:56 PM

A portion of the Frommers Review of Bloom "This place is big and always buzzing with energy. The minimalist decor emphasizes flowers, an elegant wine bar serves a wide range of flights (tasting assortments), and the bistro-style menu has lots of great dishes in a wide range of prices."

amwosu Sep 21st, 2005 03:05 PM

parismatch- not exactly raw but check out the menu entrees (they have warm and cool selections) at www.seasaw.net