Sedona - Sky Ranch Lodge - Garden Room

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:54 AM
D

Sedona - Sky Ranch Lodge - Garden Room

I have a reservation at the Sky Ranch Lodge for 2 nights in early April for $75 a night for a "Garden Room". Am I best off to keep this reservation or is there another hotel in Sedona in this price range that anyone can recommend. I've been looking on the web, but you know how sometimes these hotels look better in the pictures than in person! Was going to try priceline, but don't know what a 2* (the highest rating for Sedona)hotel in Sedona would be. This is our first visit to this area, so any help would be appreciated!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:08 AM
Lenore

We have stayed at the Sky Ranch Lodge twice with no complaints. They have a beautifully manicured propery with winding streams and paths throughout. They have both a pool and a hot tub. The rooms are on the large side and sort of "rustic" looking with wood paneling. If you're there on a clear night you'll see billions of stars because it's on the top of a mountian and all the city lights are below you. For $75 a night I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. Enjoy....I wish I were going too!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 08:33 AM
Sluggo

I stayed at Sky Ranch early last May and loved the location on a mesa and just beyond a very popular scenic overlook. The property is attractive and the staff attentive. They also have a laundramat in case you need one. You should be happy there.

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 11:50 AM
D

Thanks for your responses. I will post my trip experience in the Arizona area upon my return!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 12:58 PM
D

Me again. We will be eating 2 dinners and lunch while in Sedona. Do you guys have any restaurant recommendations?

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:07 PM
Lenore

Yes, Shugrue's. They have two restaurants and both are very good. One is a sort of BBQ place and the other sits atop a hill with outdoor patio seating and beautiful views. Neither will disappoint. Don't eat at Judy's unless you aren't very hungry and have some extra cash you'd like to get rid of! For breakfast, try the little airport diner which is right near where you're staying. Have fun!

Old Feb 22nd, 2002, 01:55 PM
Judy

I highly recomment Robert's Creekside Cafe. (I must really like it since we ate there two out of our four nights in Sedona!) If you can get a table in the rear, you can overlook the red rocks at sunset. Very fresh, innovative food. They're also very friendly & accomodating. When my husband enquired about an usual soup, the waitress offered to bring out a complimentary sample for him to try first. Other places we enjoyed were Dahl & Deluca for Italian, and the Javelina Cantina for Mexican. These were all dinners. I heard Red Planet Diner was fun for breakfast or lunch, but don't have any personal experience with it.