Hilton Head Report

Aug 16th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

Hilton Head Report

I thought I'd give some details on my family's (Mom, Dad, kids aged 13, 11 and 4) trip to Hilton Head.

Our trip was from Wednesday to Sunday and we happened to catch part of Hurricane Bonnie and were on voluntary evacuation for Hurricane Charley. Luckily, Charley just missed us and the weather was great.

Lodging: based on these board recommendations we stayed at the Sea Pines Plantation in a 2 BR Racquet Club villa. No hair dryer or beach towels so bring them.

Food: Breakfast was picked up from the grocery store ....Publix, Piggly Wiggly, Harris Teeter(just outside the gate) I applied for the store "card" to qualify for discounts.

Lunch: the grill at Sea Pines Beach was very good; the Smokehouse on Pope Ave was also good, as was Harbourtown Bakery & Cafe. You can find all of the fast food chains outside the gate on Route 278.

Dinner:All of these were good - Aunt Chilada's - variety; San Miguel's - Mexican (look for coupon on back of Harris Teeter receipt for 20% off); New York Pizza - Italian. The restaurants are varied and plentiful. Make sure you pick up all of the local discount booklets for ideas and coupons.

Ice Cream: Marley's

Activities:
kayaking at South Beach; rent bicycles(we rented from outside Sea Pines and they delivered them to our door-$19/wk); miniature golfing at Legendary Golf and Pirate's Cove; rented boogie boards at the beach; also could play tennis or go to the pool. Explored the bike trails around the Forest Preserve and found quiet picturesque lakes.

We flew so space was limited. We packed a soft-sided cooler and "Neat Sheet" for the beach. Check inside your villa closets in case there are beach chairs.

I hope this information is helpful.

Search this Thread