Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Hilton Head Island in November - Where to Stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We want to book a week at Hilton Head Island in the off season (November or December) to use some RCI points that will expire. I have read reviews on Trip Advisor and RCI, but would welcome input from folks on Fodors about a good option. We will be traveling with another couple who have never been to this area and want to do well by our guests.

Harbourside III?
Swallowtail at Sea Pines?
Ocean Palms at Port Royal?
Seawatch at Island Club?

Comfortable, nice pool, good access to the beach (even if we have to drive), etc. are more important to us than top notch decor. We'd appreciate whatever help you can give us with this! Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 08:43 AM

I know Harbourside is really nice and comfortable. Close to the beach, pool, private deck, kitchen etc. http://www.vacationroost.com/south-c...s-p206954.aspx
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 12:23 PM
nlg

We go to Hilton Head every year and have stayed in different areas of the island. We have never stayed at the condos you mentioned, but have seen three of them. Last time we stayed at Royal Dunes which is right next door to Ocean Palms. Ocean Palms looked very nice and is a short walk to the beach-I think you can also ride a shuttle to the Westin and go to the beach from there. Island Club at Seawatch is on the beach and is the same general area as Ocean Palms. Swallowtail is in Sea Pines and is a bike ride to the beach-guess you could walk to the beach, but would a pretty long walk. Sea Pines does have great bike paths-probably the best area of all the condos for riding bikes, if that is important to you.

Restaurants we like are Sea Shack, Black Marlin, Old Oyster Factory, Frankie Bones and Skull Creek Boathouse.
Old Jun 12th, 2012, 02:08 PM

The ocean might be too chilly to swim, but fall and winter (such as it is!) are great in the Lowcountry.
Old Jun 13th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all! When I called, Port O Call was available and I have put a hold on a 2 bedroom unit there. It sounds like it is fairly close to the beach. Any thoughts on Port O Call?
Old Jun 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
nlg

We have never stayed at Port O Call, but have gone by it when we have been riding bikes. Port O Call is in the Shipyard Plantation and we love it there. We will be staying in Southwind II(also in Shipyard) when we go in November. Shipyard has great bike paths. I think Port O Call has their own entrance to the beach which will be nice for you. I don't know if you play tennis, but the tennis center is right next door to Port O Call.

We have gone several times in November and December and the weather has always been nice.