I'm planning a 10-day trip with my husband and my son who will be just a couple weeks shy of turning 2 on the trip. Towards the end of April, we're flying into San Francisco's SFO on a Friday and flying back home from Los Angeles' LAX the following Sunday. We'll spend the first wknd in SF hanging out with family+friends and the last wknd in LA with family+friends there. Any recommendations on things to do over these 2 weekends are welcome. During the week, we want to do the scenic Highway 1 drive going north--south. Can you give me thoughts on an itinerary that would include some amazing scenery, recommended areas to stay overnight in (and how many nights in each area), and some specific kid-friendly activities/events/stops we should definitely make time for?
We usually visit California every or every other year, but only for the weekend (usually for an occasion) and only to one or the other - SF or LA but this is the first time where we have this much time to spend between both cities and we want to plan it out so that it's a beautiful, relaxed, kid-friendly, and fun trip. All help on this itinerary is welcome and appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 I need help
- 2 Yosemite to San Francisco?
- 3 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 4 10 day California Trip in July
- 5 East coast - Miami to New York including Canada
- 6 18 Yearolds In NOLA
- 7 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 8 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 9 A Few days in Museums
- 10 Mammoth Lakes in summer
- 11 Yellowstone, Cheyenne (rodeo), Mt Rushmore- Can we do it??
- 12 Newport Beach restaurants
- 13 Road trip from NYC to where ?
- 14 Kauai Help! Sheraton Kauai or Westin Princeville
- 15 Moving from philly suburbs to St. Petersburg Florida area
- 16 Upscale, Child Friendly NYC Restaurant?
- 17 4 days in Miami
- 18 travelling from Miami to New York
- 19 H street corridor restaurant - Christmas Eve
- 20 Travel Shenanigans
- 21 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 22 Alaska July 3 - July 16 Itinerary help
- 23 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 24 Christmas Eve near Ashville
- 25 Vintage Subway Cars in operation for the 2017 Holoday Season