Reload this Page >

Highlands Inn-Park Hyatt in Carmel CA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 07:46 PM
joanie

The AAA book doesn't rate this hotel because it was under renovation, Any comments about this hotel? Is it in a good location? Is it near or on the beach? How upscale?

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:19 PM
tomo

It is fabulous--a very special place in carmel highlands just above the ocean--msot if not all rooms have fireplaces

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:44 PM
L

Very special breakfast

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 05:47 PM
cal

Beautiful hotel and the restaurant was excellent with one of a kind views of the Pacific Ocean. This was 5 years ago but it was unforgetable.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 06:53 PM
kam

wondeful hotel---go for it.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:35 AM
David

Joanie,

The Highlands Inn is a wonderful place, however, I do recommend it with one caveat: it depends on when you're going and where you'll be spending the most of your time.

If you're going to be spending a lot of time in Carmel and are going to be there during high season, the traffic into Carmel can be horrendous. If, however, you are planning to spend time all over the area and are traveling at low season it's a fabulous place to stay.

I say this because Labor day is coming up and, if I were gong there during that time, I'd be looking for a place in the town I was planning to spend most of my time. During high season, it can take 30-45 minutes to get into Carmel from the HI--and it's only a couple of miles.

Davidcs

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 10:38 AM
kam

Davidcs has a good point, and to answer another question, no it's not on the beach. No hotels directly on the beach in Carmel. A good place in town is the Cypress Inn---walking distance to everything.