Staying in Scottsdale

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 04:36 AM
Les Gourlay

Staying in Scottsdale

My wife and I have booked a weeks holiday in Scottsdale at the end of May,staying at the Hilton Resort.
If anyone has stayed there before or can recommend another hotel of a similar standard
we would love to know, before it's too late to change our hotel.

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 05:54 AM
Susan

Have never stayed at the Hilton. I would recommend checking into the Hyatt Regency at Gainey Ranch - it has beautiful grounds, good restaurants.

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 08:40 AM
jim

The Princess is supposed to be THE place to stay. I've been in the hotel, but never stayed there.

Apart from that, a lot depends on what you're looking for -- golf, etc. The Marriott Camelback is nice but has a wide range of accommodation -- from basic rooms to two-story suited, so check on availability and price. Another interesting place is The Boulders.

That said, you'll probably be OK at the Hilton.

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 08:43 AM
Tony Hughes

If the Phoneician is within your budget, Les, the I would recommend it there. All the waiters in dickie bows, etc. Superb patio overlooking Scottsdale where you can have a meal or just a cool drink.

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 10:06 AM
br

The Biltmore has my vote. It is absolutely beautiful - the grounds are immaculate! Good location too!

Old Jan 10th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Karen

At the end of May you should be able to get some good rates. I would vote for Arizona Biltmore or The Phoenician(if money is no object).

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 09:58 PM
Chuck

I have not stayed there but I have never had a bad time at a Hilton Hotel. My favorite hotel in the area is the Marriott Camelback, followed by the Cottonwoods Resort. The Posada Resort is OK. DO NOT stay at the Paradise Valley Resort -- when I did, I had several problems with it; I wrote a letter outlining my discontent and did not even receive a reply. The Pointe Hiltons are very nice but are a bit out of the way if you are interested in shopping at the Mall.

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 02:16 PM
Carol

Even if you don't stay at the Biltmore, do go there for afternoon tea! (Don't eat lunch that day.) And then walk around the grounds.

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 05:04 PM
xxx

Rather than spending your entire week in Scottsdale, take atleast a few days and head for Sedona. My vote for a hotel in Scottsdale in the Phoenician.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 11:00 AM
gail

I agree that one week is a long time in Scottsdale (Unless it's Sring Training!), then again.. we are wanderers! My vote is for the Phonecian. What an incredible place. It's so glamorous!The cabanas, pools, slides and gardens are beautiful.