Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Hey Melissa, are you out there? I'll be in Hawaii in October! (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/hey-melissa-are-you-out-there-ill-be-in-hawaii-in-october-226542/)

Monica May 30th, 2002 04:41 AM

Hey Melissa, are you out there? I'll be in Hawaii in October!

Melissa, I had your office email address, but must have deleted it. Email me at my office if you still have that or my home email shown here. Tony and I will be in Honolulu in October for a week or so and I thought we could have a fodorite get together if there is a large number here on fodors in Hawaii. <BR><BR>FYI, France was great!

Sarah May 30th, 2002 04:54 AM

Yeah whatever happened to Melissa she knew so much about Hawaii, put me intouch with a food critic in Hawaii that I still get emails from detailing the latest in Chinese food on Oahu. I have often wondered if Melissa, Celeste, Lucy were somehow related :) :) in the post name kind of way only because the first two on this list disappeared.<BR><BR>Now Monica you came back from France and are headed for Hawaii? ...nead a buttleress?

Sarah May 30th, 2002 04:58 AM

Having said above I have seen them all in conversation with each other so that can't be.

Monica May 30th, 2002 05:07 AM

Sarah, I know Melissa went to France too, but we missed seeing each other in Paris by a few days or so. Maybe she's still there not wanting to leave! <BR><BR>We were planning on Spain in October, but my husband wanted something in the US, so I said, let's head back to Hawaii! His sister lives in Kaneohe. We're planning to stay at the Hale Koa. My husband is retired Air Force.

Monica May 31st, 2002 09:24 AM

topping for Melissa!

Melissa May 31st, 2002 05:15 PM

Huuuuui! Monica, I have been on vacation and literally just arrived home last night. I will email you direct. I finally met the famous Elvira from the Europe board!! I should be here, unless my job sends me to Chicago for a couple of days at the end of October but other than that I would love to meet you....will bring my sister, too. Maybe Kalena and scigirl?

scigirl May 31st, 2002 06:23 PM

Oh - I'd love a Hawaii Fodors GTG! Melissa, I can be emailed at [email protected]<BR><BR>Anneke (aka scigirl)<BR><BR>:)

Monica May 31st, 2002 06:29 PM

Melissa, Looking forward to hearing from you soon!<BR>

lcuy Jun 1st, 2002 11:54 AM

I feel like I'm in kindergarten and no one picked me for the kickball team :-(<BR>Can I come too?<BR>Lucy

kal Jun 1st, 2002 12:43 PM

I hear ya, lucy!<BR><BR>Think you guys could hold off for another 209 days for a Kauai GTG? <BR><BR>We'll buy the first round of Mai Tais at The Sand Bar?<BR>Mahalo,<BR>Kal<BR><BR>ps...those darn refs! ;^)

Melissa Jun 1st, 2002 04:35 PM

ooooh sorry lcuy & kal!! Of course we want you to come. I'll email you later when I get to work (I'm at my brother's right now) but SAVE THE DATE! Sometime toward the end of October. Where's a good place to meet? Or how about Willows?

LCUY Jun 2nd, 2002 01:20 AM

Willows would be a great place to have a GTG. I'll be there! <BR>Lucy<BR>([email protected])

BigAl Jun 2nd, 2002 07:34 AM

Hey Monica! Take me with you!

BigAl Jun 2nd, 2002 07:51 AM

Your husband's sister lives in Kailua, not Kaneohe.

jean Jun 2nd, 2002 08:05 AM

May I be included too? I'm 59 and overwheight a lot. But I like you guys

Monica Jun 2nd, 2002 02:53 PM

Hi everyone!<BR><BR>My motto: the more the merrier! Maybe this will turn in to a big fodorite luau. The Willows would be nice too. Tony and I were there in October 1988 for a honeymoon dinner with friends of mine. I remember it being a lovely place with great food, but don't remember what kind of prices they have. Fill me in! <BR><BR>Tony and I plan to head to Hawaii around the 17th of October and stay 7-10 days, all depending on what we want to do. Maybe that Saturday or Sunday the 19th/20th would be a good time to get together, esp. since we don't know how long we'll be in town. <BR><BR>Thanks Al for correcting me. <BR><BR>

lcuy Jun 2nd, 2002 03:48 PM

I'm off to Mexico in 30 minutes so this will be brief...<BR>Willows is buffet style M-F lunch= $14.95, sat lunch $17.95, sunday brunch $24.95. Dinner is $24.95. some ala carte available at dinner.<BR>Adios! See you in 2 weeks!

Susan Jun 2nd, 2002 04:30 PM

Nina: Get a life!

xxxxx Jun 2nd, 2002 09:40 PM

Huh - who is Nina???

ray Jun 2nd, 2002 09:48 PM

who are these weirdo's?