hershey park or dorney park

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:29 PM
betty

hershey park or dorney park

taking a side trip from nyc to pennsylvania. which park would be better for a couple of 15 year old boys dorney or hershey?

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:34 PM
Ninsun

While I haven't been to either in some time, I would recommend Dorney. It has more "grown-up" rides and Wild Water Kingdom. Personally, I prefer Hershey Park because of the factory tour!

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:39 PM
rides

Hershey has added several good roller coasters in the past few years. They also have water rides.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Annie

betty:
I am glad you decided not to go to Six Flags. I was the one who suggested either of these two parks,
I prefer Hershey but your boys might prefer Dorney. My 13 year old niece loves it! Good luck.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Vince

Annie, why don't you like Six Flags? I neither agree not disagree with you as I've never been to any of the three parks. I'm just trying to decide where to take my daughter next weekend. Could you please explain. Tx.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Annie

Vince:
There is a thread on six flags in NJ. Is that which one you were planning to go to? I'll pull the thread up for you.
It is not nice anymore, too many trouble making teens, pushing to the front of lines, etc.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 08:53 AM
tammy

Hersey Park is our favorite. We have teens who love it. They've added new coasters over the last few years.-One is a "sit-with-your-feet-dangling" coaster. We usually ride it at least 4-5 times. Even at their age, the kids still like the factory tour, with its smell and small chocolate bar at the end. By the way, the tour is free. Hershey Park was voted the cleanest park in the US. Also, if you're planning on going, let me know. They have coupons and deals I can tell you about.

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Stephanie P.

I'd say Hershey. Although, I never went into Dorney, saw the outside and was not impressed. Also, because they are teenagers, they would really like the rollercoasters and Alpine rides more. I like seeing all kinds of chocolate stores in the park also.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 09:39 AM
lila

Definitely HERSHEY. Much better with crowd control, the tour is fun! and the surroundings are beautiful!

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Lily

My 16 year old and her friends have been to both this summer - they suggest Hershey. I like it too - the chocolate can't be beat!

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Jackie

Definitely Hershey. Haven't been to Dorney in a while, but remember it as kind of dumpy, traveling carnival like. Hershey Park and areas surrounding are beautiful. If you are staying over night, try the Hotel Hershey or Hershey Lodge, expensive but worth it.

Old Jul 17th, 2002, 08:40 AM
bennie

Just spent 3 days in Hershey - not sure what all the fuss is about. Left me disappointed. Tour was okay but its not the real factory so kind of left me wishing I could see the real thing. But the 3D movie was excellent - you pay ($18 for 2 adults 2 kids) and it really is a big commercial but the 3D effects were super - caught me by surprise several time. The movie is new this year.

Roller Coaster selection at the park was good as were a number of other rides. The new Roller Soaker was not worth a 90 minute wait. We ended up damp and stinky. A twenty minute wait would have been perfect. Part of the fun is interaction between those on the ride, those waiting for the ride and other spectators. But 90 minutes of it was too much. Hershey has an area called Midway America with old fashioned rides like the Whip and Music Express. That was a lot of fun.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:27 AM
MarkBinPA

Hershey

Old Dec 29th, 2003, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AS someone in the area, i recomend hershey, esp. if it is hot and sunny when you go. Dorney is dirty, the employees kind of rude. But they do have a water park which is nice, but there are not many trees, and the pavement gets really hot!! Hershey is clean and the employees seem really friendly and will go out of their way for you. Also with there are often games and concerts in the stadium. Near by i a place called adventure spot they have go carts, mini golf, and batting cages.