Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Here's some good Waikiki restaurants off the touristy beaten path

Here's some good Waikiki restaurants off the touristy beaten path

Feb 2nd, 1999, 02:59 PM
Cheryl Z.

Here's some good Waikiki restaurants off the touristy beaten path

You'll need a rental car for first three:
Two Verbano locations, excellent Italian food, inexpensive, one is at 357l Waialae AVe., other is at l45l S. KIng.
Auntie Pasti's - on Pensacola off Beretania, if I remember correctly. Excellent Italian food, long lines to get in on weekends,(no res.) casual, kinda noisy, but great. Try penne gorgonzola (not on menu but they have other gorgonzola items and will do this). Beer/wine only.
And then right in the tourist section itself on Beachwalk off Kalakawa, try Arrancino, a little hole in the wall, excellent Italian
food, beer/wine only. Try the gorgonzola or arriabiata sauce. It reminds us of trattorias we'd find in Italy. And it must be authentic, they were playing Andrea Bocelli tapes!
I apologize if this appears more than once or the title only or whatever. I've had heck of a time today getting this posted. "Too busy", and then when I tried again, the title only showed up, now can't find that either. Oh Well.
If you want more info, feel free to contact me. Aloha

Search this Thread