Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Henderson Restaurants (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/henderson-restaurants-572375/)

screenwriter2006 Nov 22nd, 2005 11:41 AM

Henderson Restaurants

Hi Folks
I'll be moving to Henderson just after New Year's. I'd welcome recommendations for neighborhood restaurants with good food and good value for their prices. My priority is usually food over atmosphere and I usually choose casual over "dress-up" -- though at times I just like a brewpub to get a beer sampler and just sit and relax for awhile. Also, any thoughts on off-the-beaten path Las Vegas restaurants would be welcomed as well. My current favorites: Rosemary's for lunch, Lotus of Siam, and Luv-It frozen custard. I welcome your advice.

vegasnative Nov 22nd, 2005 12:42 PM

I am glad you have discovered Luv-it's!!! It is the BEST!!! Right now he has his pumpkin out, and I am in heaven. It is a long drive from Henderson (we also live in Henderson) but well worth it. So where-abouts in Hend. are you moving to, can I ask? I live near Horizon Ridge/Gibson and I love it here, nice area of the valley. I highly recommend Ventano's (Horizon Ridge/Arroyo Grande), GREAT food about $18-34 a plate. I have heard the Tuscany Grill is good (haven't been yet), but that is near Eastern/Sunridge Heights. There is a good NY style pizza place on Horizon Ridge near Arroyo Grande called NY Times Pizza. Timbers on Horizon Ridge/Stephanie has good "bar" food. Also there is a small family owned Chinese restaurant here (they have a couple in town), but their prices are cheap, the food is delicious and every time we go they are busy, busy...China A Go Go...very good food, great for take-out. This is in the Smith's shopping center on 215/Valle Verde. I'll keep thinking of others and if i think of something worthwhile, I'll come back and post more.
Welcome to Henderson!!!!!!!!

screenwriter2006 Nov 22nd, 2005 01:04 PM

Thank you very much! I'll be in Seven Hills, so I will certainly have a lot of restaurants nearby at the St. Rose/Eastern crossroads. If you think of anymore, I welcome your thoughts and opinions. Take care.

vegasnative Nov 22nd, 2005 01:33 PM

The Tuscany Grill will be real close to you, and there is a China A Go Go location right near there on Eastern/Seven Hills in the Vons chopping center. My parents live right there as well. I thought of two other restaurants that are not so "typical" and are great. Two Sisters Tea Cafe is on Horizon Ridge/Valle Verde. They serve salads, quiche, gourmet sandwiches, scones and of course, tea. Milo's is also a neat little place, it is in Boulder City (only about a 20 minute drive from Seven Hills). Milo's is a sidewalk cafe and wine cellar. It is great to order a bottle of wine and they have cheese platters to compliment either the white or red wine, and sandwiches. Every Tuesday they have wine tasting (the only day they take reservations). We usually get a bottle of wine, the Bordeaux cheese platter (share it) and share a sandwich.
Like I mentioned my parents live close to where you will be, they live near Eastern/Sunridge Heights and so I am always over there. Not too mention our vet/groomer/pediatrician are all right there. That reminds me, if you have pets and are looking for a great vet, Sunridge Animal Hospital is terrific, (on Eastern). My friend just moved here from Florida and I recommended she take her dogs there and she is also very pleased. Anyway...my parents love the area, (as do I) there is everything close by (shopping, dining, hospital [St. Rose is very nice, had my son there] and entertainment at GVR and the outside amphitheater). The District is nice on Fri. and Sat. nights, they have live music in the courtyard (really good music), take blanket or chairs and sit on lawn and listen...very nice. You are also close enough to freeway access and with the connector tunnel to airport you can be there within 15 minutes....just far from Luv-It's!!!!!!!!! I'm sure you will like the area, where are you moving from? Please let me know if I can help in any other way.
Cheers!

screenwriter2006 Nov 22nd, 2005 08:25 PM

Thanks again VN -- we're in a slow transition from Central NJ where we live near the shore -- but I will have my consulting business fully functioning in Henderson by the first of the year.

screenwriter2006 Nov 24th, 2005 10:13 AM

Any further advice from local residents who have views about good neighborhood restaurants?