Help with logistics for American Airlines Arena Miami

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought tickets for a concert at the American Airlines Arena. It's Thursday night at 8 o'clock. The parking package that was offered for purchase along with the tickets was sold out. So...we are driving down from Boca Raton. What time should we head down, where should we park, and does it make sense to park and get dinner (recommendations for good restaurants, please?) and then go to the concert? Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

anyone?
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 11:42 AM

I don't know exactly what streets it's on, but there's a large city parking garage a few blocks west of Biscayne parallel with the Bayshore Marketplace. I parked there for a Heat game I went to in Feb. I think it's about 3rd St. and 2nd. Ave.

For dinner there are a bunch of places in the Bayshore Marketplace. You can walk to the AAA from there.
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:49 PM

We always try to park at Bayside for Heat games too. We try to go extra early & have time to stroll around & eat. Its definitely better than the scary lots outside the arena. Bayside does get filled up usually....the earlier the better....if you can get there late afternoon & relax a bit, that's always nice & then after the show, its worth just walking around Bayside a bit more because the traffice is absolutely horrendous & you'll just be sitting in gridlock anyways. I love AA Arena, it is gorgeous but the City of Miami should be ashamed of the areas around it; definitely be careful.
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 03:29 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies. parking at bayside makes a lot of sense!
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 06:24 AM

We are with Guest Services at the AmericanAirlines Arena and came across your posting. The Director of Parking Operations just opened 100 Advance Parking spots (thanks to your posting) via TicketMaster, for Thursday's Ricardo Arjona concert. The cost of self-parking for the event is $25.00, so if you purchase advance parking online you'll be charged an additional $2.50 (making the total $27.50). As a "permit" holder for the event, you'll be guaranteed onsite parking. If you opt not to purchase in advance, you take your chances. *Bonus: Valet parking will also be available for this event, at a cost of $40.00. Bayside Marketplace (to the south of the Arena) will probably charge between $15-$20 for self-parking. Enjoy the event!
Old Jul 27th, 2009, 06:47 AM

Personally I would head to Coral Gables and park, have dinner at Ortanique on Miracle Mile (one of Miami's best restaurants) and cab it over to the arena.

The cost of a cab to and back will be a little more than what you will spend to park at the arena.

Bayside has gone way down hill since they filed for bankrupcty.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 06:10 AM

A closer more realistic option than going all the way to Coral Gables would be parking and having Dinner at Mary Brickell Village, under a mile away from the arena. There is an excellent selection of dining options in the area.

http://www.marybrickellvillage.com/

Park your car there and take the Metromover to College Station and the Arena. Just take a cab back to Mary Brickell Village after the concert. You can even hit Tobacco Road before going home.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the additional responses, and I'm so happy to be responsible for the opening up of more parking at the arena on Thursday! I really do like the idea of parking AWAY from the arena. I hate getting stuck in traffic when a big event lets out. But I'm thinking Soyka around NE 50th st. or else Versailles in Little Havana, both of which I like, are not too pricey, and unique places we don't have up by us. Any idea of the taxi fare between these places and the arena, roundtrip? Does it sound like a good idea?
Old Jul 29th, 2009, 07:40 AM

Soyka would be a great place to grab a bite. Cab fare would be about $10-$12 to the Arena. Secured lot parking at Soyka is $2.00, but it would cost more than that for on street parking. News Cafe Lounge is there and is open late, so there would be no closing time concerns. However, I do think you are still going to be stuck in outgoing Arena traffic.